Best video recording software?

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
conorm

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I could get some help regarding what are peoples preferred programmes for recording betangel in windows XP. I want to record my trading so I can review it after the races and watch for indicators, charts etc.. in more detail. So far I've only really tried with Camtasia but find it makes the screen flicker and makes it almost impossible to trade.

Thanks in advance.
JollyGreen

I use Camtasia without too much trouble but you could try one of these Free Screen Recording Software
Groovyelms

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

I have been demoing this for week or so and have just purchased it, seems to be easy to set up and use.

luck to all,
Groovy
skotten84

Camstudio is free and works fine for me using the following settings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fatsam

which video player is bets to replay the captured logs. I can not get windows media player to accept the file extensions or playback any recordings held using OBS

Any ideas or solutions welcome

Cheers

Fatts
to75ne

try flashback express. seems (to me) to be the easiest to use, and is not cpu intensive.

probably easier to just save the logs rather than record them.
fatsam

cheers

I'll have a look at that

I like to look at my trading and see where i missed a signal etc
ShaunWhite

I've tried a few but keep going back to oCam. Simple and effective, hotkeys, timed recording, auto file naming, saves as avi etc, not too greedy on cpu.

The free version has a fairly small watermark and at $35 the full version isn't cheap, but I've used it a lot, for years, and programmers need to eat too.
eightbo

Guys please don't be paying for any screen recording software.

Use OBS (google it). It's used by gamers and content creators to stream to platforms such as twitch/youtube and can also record local files. It's free and there are tons of tutorials on how to set it up available on youtube.

You can record to a local file, set the resolution and any hotkeys you want for various tasks (start/stop recording, use push-to-talk for your microphone etc.) all in all plenty of functionality.
Lastly and most importantly (for me) -- no watermark.

It's quite something looking back on trades, really showcases mistakes and how different we can become in the decision-making process in the moment when we are affected by emotion vs. when we are thinking logically watching in a relaxed setting.

Have fun guys 8-)
megarain

Have started looking at screen recording, and the process to install OBS was pretty simple, aided by a decent tutorial on youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NqKw0sOKHE

I was happily screen recording, in about 60 mins, which, given all the settings that the video suggests u change, is pretty reasonable.

Dont be put off by the big black screen u initially get .. everything becomes clear.

Recommended.
Onlyzen

these are list of video recording software .... you download any one
Ezvid. ...
TinyTake. ...
SmartPixel. ...
Screenflow by Telestream. ...
Icecream Screen Recorder. ...
Screencast-O-Matic. ...
iSpring Free Cam. ...
whimsies

I use "ispring free cam" this works well for me
Charlie

i use Camtasia. Its very comfortable
BlackHat Betting

I use this https://www.movavi.com/screen-recorder/

It is easy... not as good as camtasia but it is good enough for trading videos :D

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”