Power Query - Example Spreadsheets (Indexed by Sport)

stever78

thanks pas,
your suggestion of changing names has led me to just replacing them on PQ.
this fuzzy matching could provide too many undesired results
thanks for your help
mgrant

Hi folks
Dogs related,could power query be used to download the daily cards for the greyhounds???
Thanks
Granty
Realrocknrolla

mgrant wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am
Hi folks
Dogs related,could power query be used to download the daily cards for the greyhounds???
Thanks
Granty
Yea
mgrant

Good I will have a go then. :)
Office 2010(my usual office) doesn't seem to have the capabilities so I am using 2019
Ive done a bit with pivot tables,and a lot with VBA and excel.I am not too convinced yet of PQ's ability to scrape effectively but then I dont know too much about it.I have done a lot with Python and a little web scraping,but at the moment teaching myself HTML,Java Script etc.
But by what I have seen so far it looks like PQ could be just what I want.
My first project will to be downloading the dog cards,and I will put my feeble attempts up here :) :) :)
Granty.
MemphisFlash

will compare with what i hav already done once you have posted. :D
mgrant

Hi Memphis,
Why have I a sneaking suspicion that yours will be better than mine :) :) :)
Granty. :lol:
paspuggie48

mgrant wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am
Hi folks
Thanks
Granty
Depends on which website you are trying to get data from Granty.

As an example, PQ can scrape Racing Post data but it will require an exceptional multi function programme and expert level with PQ to do it for a days set of racecards.

Other sites like Timeform are easily possible but the risk is you may get blocked

I know there are a few on here who are Python gurus and may offer an alternative solution.
ged1200

I'm looking to create a WTA server stats workbook, modelled on the very useful one produced by paspuggie48 for ATP, but I've hit a snag right at the start. Does anyone know if power query can be made to scrape a "load more" web page table? PQ appears to only "see" 20 rows of just one WTA server stats table on the page.
Research suggests that I would probably need to use Python? Can anyone confirm this?
Many thanks
MemphisFlash

Top 9 Leagues - Power Query
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Top 9 Leagues - Power Query.xlsx
[attachment=0]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makkad

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:03 am
Capture.JPG
Now that internationals are back has anyone (except memphis) got a clue how to PQ this web site?

https://www.eloratings.net/fixtures

I've tried basic PQ'ing but I'm unsuccessful (I'm using an up to date version excel)
JMoney

Is there a US Sports section at all?

Covering - MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAAB, NCAAF, and NHL
Realrocknrolla

JMoney wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:05 pm
Is there a US Sports section at all?

Covering - MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAAB, NCAAF, and NHL
+1

Especially NBA
paspuggie48

makkad wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:33 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:03 am
Capture.JPG
Now that internationals are back has anyone (except memphis) got a clue how to PQ this web site?

https://www.eloratings.net/fixtures

I've tried basic PQ'ing but I'm unsuccessful (I'm using an up to date version excel)
Only Memphis has the spreadsheet with eloratings. As it was not shared we don't know if it is a PQ solution or not.
Shaung89

I tried Nigels 'Daily Runner' document but ran into an error immediately when trying to 'refresh all' the data from his 2018 file.

Does anyone have a working version? Im looking for a PQ solution something like the following for every runner:
- Meeting
- Time
- Horse 1

Thanks in advance
paspuggie48

Shaung89 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 am
I tried Nigels 'Daily Runner' document but ran into an error immediately when trying to 'refresh all' the data from his 2018 file.

Does anyone have a working version? Im looking for a PQ solution something like the following for every runner:
- Meeting
- Time
- Horse 1

Thanks in advance
You can right click on the Guardian list of horse races and export all details to a CSV. Dependent on what custom columns you have obviously.

Return to “Excel Power Query”