Removing selections from BA spreadsheet

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Derek27

If you write a spreadsheet to just trade two-selection events, is it safe to delete all other selections from the template and use it to store and display your own info, or will it get overwritten?

Thanks in advance.
CallumPerry

I have an 'initiation' section within VBA which clears the contents of all the cells in the areas where BA pushes through info for exactly this reason. I like to have a clear slate at the start of each market so there's no chance of having leftover redundant information.

To be honest, I have never tried having rules that close on the sheet just incase it did overwrite, any reason you want your own stuff close?
Derek27

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:23 pm
I have an 'initiation' section within VBA which clears the contents of all the cells in the areas where BA pushes through info for exactly this reason. I like to have a clear slate at the start of each market so there's no chance of having leftover redundant information.

To be honest, I have never tried having rules that close on the sheet just incase it did overwrite, any reason you want your own stuff close?
There's a small area at the top of the sheet for storing parameters. If you need more space you can either have it to the right of the BA data and scroll or have another worksheet. If you're using a multi-sheet workbook with each sheet connected to a different market, having a data sheet for each market or even all your data on one sheet would be awkward, and if you're trading an O/U market it's a lot of wasted space on your main sheet. I'm guessing BA doesn't write any data to selections that don't exist but I'll give it a test.

As I write I've just had an idea. Perhaps pushing the 'A1' cell that BA writes data to downwards will give me extra space?
CallumPerry

I've frequently added stuff in this little section, rows 1-6 i.e. book% I like displaying. Rows 9 and below I've never tried so please let me know if it works. I have always used the section far right off the screen if I need anything written to the sheet or pushed it to a dashboard worksheet on another tab or run calculations solely through VBA.

Come to think of it, I think I created a greyhound workbook before where I had 6 runners present and then underneath, I had macro buttons and additional information which didn't get overwritten but I'd have to go back through my old hard drive to find it.
Derek27

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:37 am
I've frequently added stuff in this little section, rows 1-6 i.e. book% I like displaying. Rows 9 and below I've never tried so please let me know if it works. I have always used the section far right off the screen if I need anything written to the sheet or pushed it to a dashboard worksheet on another tab or run calculations solely through VBA.

Come to think of it, I think I created a greyhound workbook before where I had 6 runners present and then underneath, I had macro buttons and additional information which didn't get overwritten but I'd have to go back through my old hard drive to find it.
Problem solved. Just move the 'Origin cell' on the Guardian Excel tab down or to the right and you have some extra rows/columns to do what you like with. :D

I also discovered, although there's no reason for doing so, you can connect to a blank worksheet, it doesn't have to be the BA template. Data still gets written in the same places.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”