Power Query - Example Spreadsheets (Indexed by Sport)

foxwood

Shaung89 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 am
I tried Nigels 'Daily Runner' document but ran into an error immediately when trying to 'refresh all' the data from his 2018 file.

Does anyone have a working version? Im looking for a PQ solution something like the following for every runner:
- Meeting
- Time
- Horse 1

Thanks in advance
Have a look at https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/abc-guide

Might be useful and an easy scrape - you could also just copy/paste the list into Excel and work from that
ODPaul82

Shaung89 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 am
I tried Nigels 'Daily Runner' document but ran into an error immediately when trying to 'refresh all' the data from his 2018 file.

Does anyone have a working version? Im looking for a PQ solution something like the following for every runner:
- Meeting
- Time
- Horse 1

Thanks in advance
This is one I had before for something (was looking at racing post ratings hence the name).
It points at skybet if I remember correctly, should just need to refresh the query on a daily basis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shaung89

Thanks all,

Now have this up and running. PQ off of sky sports abc runners and a couple fo VLookups against a list of tracked horses to let me know which runners are racing each day.
stever78

Does anyone get the RACING POST SIGNPOSTS page ( its a daily pdf document full of stats, subscribers only ) and download into excel for analysis in a power query ???

i have a excel master sheet of runners and some extracted BA STUFF. in my excel is power queries from other sources.

just wondering if anyone has extracted the Racing Post PDF and got it into power query succsesfully.

obviosly i can cut and paste the info into excel but i would rather it automated.

just that the PQ doesnt get on with the PDF when importing it ( even as a PDF )

Id be interested if the clever folk on here can help me out at all , if theyve done it that is ??

cheers, steve
MemphisFlash

i might be able to convert using Parsehub for the scraping part but i am not a subscriber to the document you need.
jtrader

Hi to all of you who share these amazing scraping spreadsheets,but none of them could refresh by mine Office.It's 2010,may be i should get 2018 or 2019 to make these sheets working :?:
paspuggie48

jtrader wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:13 am
Hi to all of you who share these amazing scraping spreadsheets,but none of them could refresh by mine Office.It's 2010,may be i should get 2018 or 2019 to make these sheets working :?:
All queries should work regardless of the Excel version you have.

Generally when I have customers who have similar issues it is usually their Privacy settings.

Go to the Data Tab at the top of your Ribbon
Click on the arrow of the Get Data icon
Select Query Options

On the Query Options box;

Select Privacy
You may need to select "Always ignore Privacy Level settings"

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisF

Good Day

I'm looking to scrape the latest bookies betting odds with power query can't seem to find a site where I can do this, can anyone advise.
Realrocknrolla

ChrisF wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:52 am
Good Day

I'm looking to scrape the latest bookies betting odds with power query can't seem to find a site where I can do this, can anyone advise.
Is there a particular sport? As you will probably struggle without Python or similar
ChrisF

Horse racing prices, I can't find a site that let you

Return to “Excel Power Query”