YankeeDoodleDandy

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Dr Ginhog

Hi
Not sure if anybody here still does the odd yankee or not. Heres a way of doing it different one leg at a time. Might be useful for somebody.
The formulas in the Sheet which I have attached will calculate the required stake for you at every leg if you enter the prices of each leg as it arises.
eg If you enter the A Price the stake for B is calculated (assuming A wins) and IF you enter Prices A & B then the C stake is calculated.
The sheet with the formulas also shown are included but you can also refer only to the screenshot if you can read the small writing if thats what you prefer.
I found revently at the newamarket guines meet that a lot of winning horses were backed hard and late to win. Might be useful to wait and see.
The main idea is that you only continue when the preceding leg has won otherwise start anew
YANKEEDOODLEDANDY.xlsx

YANKEE_DOODLE_DANDY.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

In my pre-teens, I used to do Patents, Yankees, Yaps (a Yankee with singles) and Canadians for Saturday's racing, but the real fun was spending Friday night working out how much I would win if they all came in. :)
Dr Ginhog

Yes Derek were all dreamers to some extent.Its the hope that keeps us going. :D
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
Like derek I had a lot of fire in my belly starting out in gambling.Up all night writing out my yankees only to do all my dough before Racing after the greyhounds started at 11am.I even remember my first Yank. Unforgettable! Ended in a single only :lol:
Derek27

The Goliath was a real con. 8 selections, 247 bets. Bookies must have loved watching people come in to place them, and then come back to collect their winning double. :lol:
Dr Ginhog

hmmmm Been there done that have the t-Shirt.
While on holidays lately did a super heinz all short prices. 2 winners did not embarrass myself by collecting the pennies from it. Mostly stay away from such bets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”