Great Britain Greyhound Board Data Extractor

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
ODPaul82

The attached is based off something that I recovered from my hard disk failure, it was something that I was not looking into any more where I was attempting to apply speed ratings to individual greyhounds based off criteria from "Mordin On Time", but I couldn't see a profitable edge for myself.
Therefore am sharing it for wider public use.

- The key functionality is driven from the "Race Details" worksheet.
- Cell N5 you populate the date of data you want to download
- "Download File" downloads the betfair data file associated with that date
- "Store Data" will extract data from the file & populate some of the columns on that worksheet such as distance, grade, track & runners, It will also populate the "Race Results" worksheet which selection details.
- Move to the "GBGB Site Extract" worksheet and click "Get Market IDs", this will inspect a specific page on the GBGB website to get IDs for each event occuring that day.
- Click "Get Dogs", this will extract the data from GBGB for dogs running that day
- Click on "Match", this will match what betfair have against what GBGB has.
- There is a column called "Match?" it indicates if it has managed to managed to match the selection & course between the two (reasons for not matching would be races not offered???? also sometimes dog names differ from what BF has against what GBGB has)
- Going back to the "Race Details" worksheet, if you click on "Get Winning Time", it will populate the winning time for the market and also populates the remainder of "Race Results" with the distance to winner, weight, sex, etc for that runner.

- PRESSING THE OTHER BUTTONS WILL BREAK IT. This is just taken as was when I last left it and I've just deleted data to make it to a size I can share.

Please use the code as you see fit.

I will attempt to answer questions about it but I last looked at it over 6 months ago.
Finally someone asked me why I saved as XLS for something else, the forum doesn't let me save as XLSM, that''s why

share.
Greyhound Ratings.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

Just realised for the download of betfair data to work you'll need to modify the folder in the VBA.
Click Alt-F11 for shortcut into it

Go to modFiles and changed line 3 where there's the const for filepath and change it to a folder that exists on your computer
MemphisFlash

looks interesting, will explore your work, might even be able to follow what you have done. :)
ODPaul82

Give us a ping if you get stuck :)
ilovepizza82

Thanks Paul ! Looks interesting.
Dallas

Thanks for sharing
MemphisFlash

haven't managed to get it working yet.
the code is beyond me,
i'll get there
Persian war

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:36 am
Just realised for the download of betfair data to work you'll need to modify the folder in the VBA.
Click Alt-F11 for shortcut into it

Go to modFiles and changed line 3 where there's the const for filepath and change it to a folder that exists on your computer
Hi Paul like your greyhpund rating, not sure how to changed the const file and to what thankyou.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”