Alternative Todays Runners & BHB Ratings - Power Query

paspuggie48

I just thought I'd attempt a developing an alternative to NigelK's original post:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15864

Using Power Query I have connected to the list of 24 Timeform Runners URL's for today. I have also connected to the URL's of the BHB Ratings & Performance figures, which contains a list of around 13,000 horses.

Combining them all together the outcome is attached. With this method there is no VBA nor any requirement to download any CSV documents, should this be of help?

I've not filtered out Irish races, so they will almost be blank.

To update each day, go to your 'Data' tab and select 'Refresh'.

Bear in mind you need Power Query installed as an Add-in (for free) on your in Excel. This is available I believe for any Office Suite after 2010.

I've only just done this, so it is not tested...see what you think, I'm sure you guys will let me know on here :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paspuggie48

Screenshot 2020-10-29 203045.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
plasteredric

I'm getting the DataSource.Error shown in the picture when trying to update the spreadsheet, any ideas how I can fix this?
Capture.PNG

Return to “Excel Power Query”