Power Query - Hugh Taylor Tips

paspuggie48

Power Query - Hugh Taylor Tips

Power Query - Hugh Taylor Tips.xlsx

Just a quick whip-up and test to see if I could scrape Hugh's tips.
Screenshot 2021-03-20 114649.png

When refreshed it will add 'todays' date to the table. One can keep a historic record by copy 'n pasting the selections to the 'Historical Records' worksheet.

NOTE: I've only just done this so not tested for each day's refresh. I'll keep a tab on it and if there are issues I'll aim to resolve them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makkad

Is there a Power query for Today Race cards, with form, CD etc. ?

Hoping to integrate with BA excel sheet

Don't know why BA don't link horse form into excel. ....Jockey, Trainer, Cloth, Stall included - but not form

Thanks
Dallas

makkad wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:10 am

Don't know why BA don't link horse form into excel. ....Jockey, Trainer, Cloth, Stall included - but not form

Thanks
It is there, it just needed enabling in the 'Excel' section of your main settings if you want it displaying
Excel.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makkad

Dallas wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:01 pm

Thanks
It is there, it just needed enabling in the 'Excel' section of your main settings if you want it displaying

Excel.JPG
I must have an older version of BA - it's not there on my version - Thanks
firlandsfarm

Who is Hugh Taylor?!
beermonsterman

firlandsfarm wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:27 am
Who is Hugh Taylor?!
Hugh is a tipster on AT THE RACES he has that many followers his selections sometimes moves the markets when everyone jumps on they bring the price down and sometimes you can catch a nice trade when the price retracts back πŸ˜‰
wearthefoxhat

beermonsterman wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:54 am
Who is Hugh Taylor?!
Hugh is a tipster on AT THE RACES he has that many followers his selections sometimes moves the markets when everyone jumps on they bring the price down and sometimes you can catch a nice trade when the price retracts back πŸ˜‰

Here is his "record"

HTaylor.png

However....River Nymph on Saturday is not 14/1....(Ante-Post, so not sure when advised)

Lincoln.png

His record is still fair going, but the prices advertised aren't readily available. If you're able get on early, and trade out, then you've cracked it.
beermonsterman

wearthefoxhat wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am
Who is Hugh Taylor?!

Here is his "record"

HTaylor.png

However....River Nymph on Saturday is not 14/1....(Ante-Post, so not sure when advised)

Lincoln.png

His record is still fair going, but the prices advertised aren't readily available. If you're able get on early, and trade out, then you've cracked it.
I'm sure he jumps on with his pals before he puts them up to the public and that's why you can never get the price he says
Mr.Teeny

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 am

Here is his "record"

HTaylor.png

Lincoln.png

I'm sure he jumps on with his pals before he puts them up to the public and that's why you can never get the price he says

You can never get the prices because there are people who use bots to scrape the website for his tips then bet them the second they are released !
firlandsfarm

Who is Hugh Taylor?!
Here is his "record"

HTaylor.png

Lincoln.png

Mr.Teeny wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:47 pm
You can never get the prices because there are people who use bots to scrape the website for his tips then bet them the second they are released !
Hmmm, I've done my research on this one guys, thanks for all your comments but I think you are all being overly generous with your comments that hover on respect! Maybe 'everyone' does try to jump on but very few if any are successful. Maybe Mr Teeny is on the right path ... if those 'people' do this and some of those 'people' are bookmakers then you can bet they will reduce their prices immediately so they will be way ahead of you! But that won't put off punters. I wonder how many average punters understand Value? We know that the number of winners is irrelevant if the win returns don't cover the lost bets but I guess many punters see tips such as Hugh's as tips for winners and not tips for value so they think "so what if I can't get 25/1 anymore at 15/1 I still get a good pay day"! Idiots.

It would be easy to check by going to OddsChecker and looking up the historical prices for the bookmakers. I'm sided with Cann Berry on this one but even if his tips are genuine they are worthless if you can't get on. One of the easiest things to do is to show you are a good tipster by claiming odds only you (if anyone!) could have got. Remember bookmaker affiliate commissions are paid on punter losses so the tipster who can encourage you to place the most bets on losers is the tipster who earns the most commission! Just rest on that for a minute. :?
Realrocknrolla

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:57 am
Who is Hugh Taylor?!
Here is his "record"

HTaylor.png

Lincoln.png

Mr.Teeny wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:47 pm
Hmmm, I've done my research on this one guys, thanks for all your comments but I think you are all being overly generous with your comments that hover on respect! Maybe 'everyone' does try to jump on but very few if any are successful. Maybe Mr Teeny is on the right path ... if those 'people' do this and some of those 'people' are bookmakers then you can bet they will reduce their prices immediately so they will be way ahead of you! But that won't put off punters. I wonder how many average punters understand Value? We know that the number of winners is irrelevant if the win returns don't cover the lost bets but I guess many punters see tips such as Hugh's as tips for winners and not tips for value so they think "so what if I can't get 25/1 anymore at 15/1 I still get a good pay day"! Idiots.

It would be easy to check by going to OddsChecker and looking up the historical prices for the bookmakers. I'm sided with Cann Berry on this one but even if his tips are genuine they are worthless if you can't get on. One of the easiest things to do is to show you are a good tipster by claiming odds only you (if anyone!) could have got. Remember bookmaker affiliate commissions are paid on punter losses so the tipster who can encourage you to place the most bets on losers is the tipster who earns the most commission! Just rest on that for a minute. :?
Great post.

It’s all about the hits. πŸ‘Š
8A310F90-E951-4D84-B92D-F4532E12EBFF.jpeg
Dallas

Dallas wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:01 pm

Thanks

Excel.JPG
I think it was added a few versions ago so your probably missing tons of new features, the latest version is now V1.56
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
gstar1975

The name of the horse is not showing when refreshing the PQ.

Horse Name Missing.jpg
paspuggie48

gstar1975 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:59 pm
The name of the horse is not showing when refreshing the PQ.

Horse Name Missing.jpg
Usually it's because the website layout has changed. I'll keep an eye on it and try to adapt the PQ to account for this if it continues.

Return to β€œExcel Power Query”