Binary Ladder

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
vladilyich

This looks like a fantastic piece of kit. How do you import it to Guardian and populate the chart with information?

Thanks.
gauravchadhabpl

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:16 am
The author of this spreadsheet has been in touch with an updated version. We are working with him to bring some more along in the near future.

We have attached the updated version.
hi
i see the demo version of this Spreadsheet great work by Author. can i get the latest version of this spreadsheet (unprotected).....

rgds
gaurav
Markwinnsmith

I don't think there is an updated version of that sheet anymore. It would be great if we could get the full range of data into Excel, it's the one thing that is really missing for me at the moment. I did take a look at that sheet but there were no real clues as to how they were pulling through the data. Can only assume it was from when the Excel integration ran differently in the past.
nigelk

Does anyone know who the original creator of this spreadsheet is (forum name?). Tried the big & rich website but it's no longer functioning.
Euler

I think I remember who the original author was. I may be able to rouse him if you are interested.
nigelk

If he no longer visits it doesn't matter.
Markwinnsmith

Just looked at this sheet again and realised that it doesn't really show you anything more than the normal spreadsheet. I mistakenly thought they had managed to pull in all the available money on all prices. Does anyone know if Bet Angel plan to add to the existing Excel integration in the future so that all price info is available?
workpeter

Yeah, it's misleading, it just shows queued money not the matched money at each price.

I did write a method a while back which is able to show matched money at individual prices. The results were indicative but not 100% accurate partly due to limitations in spreadsheet update speed but also peeps pulling money from queues.

I found using LTP was misleading, so my method compared how the queued money change vs. total matched against the runner. There are some things you have to consider though. First of you have to normalise the matched amount by dividing it by 2, this is because betfair show the UK horse market (for example) £50 matched as £100 matched because it calculates money matched on both sides of the ladders.

So then you look at the absolute difference between normalised money matched vs. how much the queue degraded on both sides. Whichever comparison has an absolute difference of 0 (or pseudo 0) then that's where the money went.

The below code is a small snippet of my function to give you an idea what i am talking about. There are 4 variations:Back (price didn't change),Back (price changed), Lay (price didn't change) and Lay (price changed).

iNormalisedAmount = (iCurrentAmount - iOldAmount) / 2

'Compare existing queue money with amount increase
iBackAmountDiff = iOldBackAmount - iNormalisedAmount
iLayAmountDiff = iOldLayAmount - iNormalisedAmount

iMatchedDirection(0) = Abs(iOldBackAmount - iNormalisedAmount)
iMatchedDirection(1) = Abs(iBackAmountDiff - Me.Cells(10, 7))

iMatchedDirection(2) = Abs(iOldLayAmount - iNormalisedAmount)
iMatchedDirection(3) = Abs(iLayAmountDiff - Me.Cells(10, 8))

'Find the direction matched
iClosestMatch = Application.WorksheetFunction.Small(iMatchedDirection, 1)

'allow for small variation from normalistion process.
If iClosestMatch <= 1 Then

If iClosestMatch = iMatchedDirection(0) Or iClosestMatch = iMatchedDirection(1) Then
'Show as back activity increase
ElseIf iClosestMatch = iMatchedDirection(2) Or iClosestMatch = iMatchedDirection(3) Then
'Show as lay activity increase
End If
End If
workpeter

Ok i may have a 100% solution for this, but I would need to do some API research. I was looking at something unrelated today when i came across a topic on a programming forum whereby peeps were talking about extracting data from other application objects. I'll need to look into this, but if possible, I could extract the data from the ladder which means i can show the matched bets in excel just the same way its shown in BA.
Laugro1968

Hi Peter,

I for one would be very interested!

Best regards,
Laurent
workpeter

This is a bit tricky.
Using WinSpy++ I was able to get the window handle for the ladder and the objects within it.
After converting the handle from hex to decimal, I was able to retrieve string lengths from the ladder using the SendMessage function, however, when using the same function to grab the actual text, Excel would crash.
I'll play with it some more.
workpeter

Ok it seems the crashing is related to buffer memory allocation when hooking into external app. Quite tricky to solve, although VirtualAllocEx function seems the answer. Ill have to come back to this another time.
topfour

hello, I am very interested in using the ladder in spreadsheet and would appreciate any help available. signed topfour.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”