Combine Win & Place Markets

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Another common spreadsheet request is to combine both the win and place horse racing markets on the same sheet.

This spreadsheet will do just that. You can use this as a template to develop something more useful. At the moment this will just display the prices. It won't place bets or make any decisions.

Firstly, add a win and a place market to Guardian. Make sure these are the only markets in Guardian.

Select to auto bind the Bet Angel Sheets.

Open the workbook in the Guardian Excel section and connect.

You will see a sheet called 'Combined'.

This sheet will also highlight where most of the volume has been placed in each market. Which may be useful.

If you find this sheet useful please let me know.

Required: Excel 2010
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RichStone

Thanks for this, gunna give it a go tomorrow :)
neilrickaby

this is a fantastic sheet, many thanks. Sometimes the values get 'stuck' when switching from market to market. Is there any way to 'flush' them and clear the sheet?
gstar1975

neilrickaby wrote:
Fri May 16, 2014 1:22 pm
this is a fantastic sheet, many thanks. Sometimes the values get 'stuck' when switching from market to market. Is there any way to 'flush' them and clear the sheet?
Also The place prices are from the next race, not the current race. Bit Buggy, can anyone update this please?
gstar1975

6thSense wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 pm
Another common spreadsheet request is to combine both the win and place horse racing markets on the same sheet.

This spreadsheet will do just that. You can use this as a template to develop something more useful. At the moment this will just display the prices. It won't place bets or make any decisions.

Firstly, add a win and a place market to Guardian. Make sure these are the only markets in Guardian.

Select to auto bind the Bet Angel Sheets.

Open the workbook in the Guardian Excel section and connect.

You will see a sheet called 'Combined'.

This sheet will also highlight where most of the volume has been placed in each market. Which may be useful.

If you find this sheet useful please let me know.

Required: Excel 2010
The Placed market is the win market from the next race for example in the win market is the win prices for the 3pm and the place sheet has the win prices for the 315pm, how can I get this to work properly?
asahenettleton

This is something that I was looking for or hoping to reinvent if necessary, thank you! I look forward to trying it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”