Downloading racecards in CSV

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
CK2021

Euler wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm
We are aiming to include this feature in a future build.
Any news on this Peter?

I'm wanting Greyhound racecards in Excel but finding it difficult due to not knowing any programming languages.
angelmike

Are there any firm plans to include downloading races in csv in the next BA update?
Cheers
Mike
Euler

You can do it already, we updated a few versions back: -

https://youtu.be/q2rxyyDjRY0

Load into Guardian, right click, export.
paspuggie48

To jump on the back of Peter's post, I do exactly this. Export the CSV file then use Power Query to format a basic meeting/race/horse table of contents.

Screenshot 2022-02-26 084521.png

This is based on my Guardian List (of those same Header Names)

If one wanted a more detailed set of data e.g. Form, Jockey & Trainer then alter your Guardian List and export. It will require a bit more work in PQ but it would be automated per se.

Maybe in time I can develop a 'dynamic' PQ for anyone to use...will have a think !

Caveat being Guardian is limited to 100 columns if I am correct, so always bear in mind the max of up to 40 runners, so if you wanted Form, Jockey & Trainer for those possible 40 runners as well then you already are maxing out the Columns permitted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
angelmike

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi Peter
Golly gosh!
That's a great video. I don't know how I missed the racecards info option.
Many thanks.
Cheers
Mike
gstar1975

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:55 am
To jump on the back of Peter's post, I do exactly this. Export the CSV file then use Power Query to format a basic meeting/race/horse table of contents.

If one wanted a more detailed set of data e.g. Form, Jockey & Trainer then alter your Guardian List and export. It will require a bit more work in PQ but it would be automated per se.

Maybe in time I can develop a 'dynamic' PQ for anyone to use...will have a think !

Caveat being Guardian is limited to 100 columns if I am correct, so always bear in mind the max of up to 40 runners, so if you wanted Form, Jockey & Trainer for those possible 40 runners as well then you already are maxing out the Columns permitted.
Have you got a template copy of that spreasheet with the Power Queries. I have no idea how to write a power query. I would like to have the columns for the distance and race type hcp etc
Realrocknrolla

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:24 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:

Have you got a template copy of that spreasheet with the Power Queries. I have no idea how to write a power query. I would like to have the columns for the distance and race type hcp etc
Hello mate, hope this post helps.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25987
gstar1975

Yes Thanks it did!
Realrocknrolla

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:46 pm
Yes Thanks it did!
💪💪💪💪💪💪
gstar1975

paspuggie48 wrote:

Have you produced a "Dynamic" PQ yet? Or are you still thinking ;)
paspuggie48

gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:29 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:

Have you produced a "Dynamic" PQ yet? Or are you still thinking ;)
Unfortunately not Gstar.
I actually forgot but in theory it could be done. I will admit though it would be a minimal set of data.
Additionally there would be a lot of variables, for example; specific Guardian List & Custom Column, specific Guardian Rule, file location references in Excel when you save your file to get the exported data (i.e. defined names), creating dynamic Lists (Tables) in Excel for Headers, creating dynamic Lists (Tables) in Excel for Data Types...to name but a few !
More importantly as you don't have basic Power Query experience, that may require some additional support if things don't go to plan. Alas, I don't have capacity to provide that support or indeed if there are any edits/changes required or if one wants to use that data with other datasets.

However, it does sound like a challenge and some on here know I like that, so I may (time permitting) will have a think and investigate...alas, as I have a busy working life it may have to be Xmas when I'm next on leave.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:41 pm

Can you use Guardian to export all races with all runners with all racecard data like form age etc?

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”