Sort into Favourite order

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The latest spreadsheet I thought I would share is a fairly straight forward one that sorts the field into price order, with the favourite at the top.

This sheet also indicates a potential drift or shortening in price based on WOM values. You can change the values in the cells filled in with a yellow background.

You can adapt this sheet to your own betting or trading by adding code to place bets.
BetAngel_fav-order-v1.1xls.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ntsili

This is excellent! Really good job!
I am working on this sheet for the last week and made a lot of changes, but it is very difficult to place a bet.
Does anybody know has an idea how to put a bet on a specific horse? (for example 10£ on the first horse)

Nick
markjacks

Does anybody know has an idea how to put a bet on a specific horse? (for example 10£ on the first horse)
Hi Ntsili, can you rephrase the question?
ntsili

I am sorry for my english.
What I was meaning is the following:

The odds by Betfair (first page):

Here are the odds sorted into favourite order by this spreadshet (page 2):
4.5 -> bet x
5 -> bet y

How can I ask the spreadsheet ON THE FIRST PAGE to bet on the 2 horses with the lowest (4.5 and 5) odds?

thanX
Nick
jvsydney

This is an old post so you may already have an answer. But here is how I solved it:

1. I used a column far off to the right, say AZ. In this column I put the odds of each horse, just copied from either the back (G column) or lay (H column) depending on which you want. So AZ9 through AZ67 (odd rows) were the back or lay odds of the horses. Note, you will get zeros if you just copy, so I put the formula =IF(G9="","",G9) in AZ9 and copied it to all the odd rows AZ9 TO AZ67. This way I get empty cells if there is no runner.

NOTE: I have noticed in some cases Guardian does not clear all the runners from each previous race, so you may want to add a check for the number of runners. This is longer, but safer, formula =IF(AND((ROW(G$)-7)/2<=$C$8,G9<>""),G9,""). The calculation in the first part of the AND gives the runner number and tests against the number of runners in C8. Add the dollar signs as this cell doesn't change when you copy the formula to the other odd rows.

2. In the next column, say BA, I put the rank of the odds, where 1 is the lowest. BA9 contains the formula =RANK(AZ9,AZ$9:AZ$67,1).

3. You have to decide when to place the bet, say, at 20 seconds before jump. In the "bet" cell, L9 and then the odd cells to L67, put this formula: =IF(AND($F$4<=TIME(0:0:20),BA9<=2),"BACK",""), where "BACK" is your betting command. It could be "LAY" or "BACK OFFSET: 2" or whatever.

4. You need to put your odds and stake in, so in M9 put =IF(L9="","",G9) to get the back odds. Use H9 for LAY odds. Use G8 for second best back odds, etc. Finally in N9 put =IF(L9="","",2.00) where 2.00 is your stake. You can also make this a formula, for example, =MROUND($C$6*1.0%,0.01) will give you one percent of your balance, rounded to the nearest pence or cent.

5. Copy L9 through N9 to the odd cells to L67 yo N67.

SUMMARY: Copy odds from G (or H) to AZ column. Use the RANK command to find the lowest two odds. Use an IF-statement to place a bet when the rank is 1 or 2. Use a time trigger to place it when you want. Add the odds and stake to the two horses with the lowest odds.

Good luck.
forumuser

Could someone be kind enough to tell me how to use this please.

I have saved the file as Favorder.xls, added a race to Guardian, browsed for the file and hit open Workbook but get a complicated error warning. I see I have not and cannot connect, staus not connected.

Any help appreciated or point to a video would be good to. I have excel 2010.

Thank you.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”