Is Betfair exchange still profitable in 2019

bossofbetting

I played on Betfair in 2016 and there were a lot of markets with good money (football, WTA, ATP). Now money volume is much worse. Is Betfair still profitable for trading in 2019?
Dallas

This video might help answer that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeIzyxE3VmQ
bossofbetting

Thank you, if you can please add more youtube traders to this thread. I think it will be useful for me and other people.
bossofbetting

Can anybody trading on AFL on betfair? it hard to trade on this sport or no?
ShaunWhite

bossofbetting wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm
Is Betfair still profitable for trading in 2019?
In any market, not just sports, if the prices move then there's a profit to be had.
ShaunWhite

bossofbetting wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:18 am
If you can please add more youtube traders to this thread.
You may have noticed that this forum is for a particular product?
It's highly unlikely that anyone else's videos (ie their product) will be promoted here.
eightbo

Why not Shaun? It's more a case of pointing toward free resources rather than encouraging someone to buy a product.
eightbo

Never mind. Looks like those in charge don't agree. Pity.
Dallas

The forum has been heavily abused in the past be people trying to self promote or sell something or other by leveraging off the Bet Angel name, also I don't think most forum members would welcome having to wade through posts of 'Come and read my blog' and 'try this system I've found' etc inserted into every other thread so the easiest solution is to prevent all links to sites selling or who are affiliated in some way with a competitors products.
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:00 pm
The forum has been heavily abused in the past be people trying to self promote or sell something or other by leveraging off the Bet Angel name, also I don't think most forum members would welcome having to wade through posts of 'Come and read my blog' and 'try this system I've found' etc inserted into every other thread so the easiest solution is to prevent all links to sites selling or who are affiliated in some way with a competitors products.
I agree, there's plenty of that on Twitter for those that are interested.
Euler

The reason the forum is thriving is because we halt the disruptive efforts of others to trash it. It's a difficult balance to find, as we want to encourage free education and resource sharing but we want to dissuade abuse of that also. But we have generally found the right balance I feel, which is why the forum has grown as much as it has. Nobody really gets to see the stuff people try and get away with, but we would rather have our current policy and perhaps exclude the odd thing rather than some of the stuff that has gone on historically. You would cringe if you knew what people have been up to.
eightbo

Seems unreasonable to put sharing youtube channels under the same blanket as blatant spam or promoting but it's not an open forum after all so I suppose it's not overly surprising and it has to be managed somehow. It conflicts with one of the many good sides of the BA community — a willingness to share knowledge & help the beginners.
eightbo

I've seen some pretty obvious things not caught in the net which is probably the source of my confusion. Think this has been discussed enough now it wasn't my intention to derail (although the substance of the original topic is questionable tbf)
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:36 pm
(although the substance of the original topic is questionable tbf)
That's the type of stuff Euler was talking about above, earlier today in the 3rd post of this thread the OP tried inserting a self-promoting link to his/her blog site, as you've rightly pointed out the original topic is questionable but once the blog link was attempted the reason for creating the account and starting a thread becomes a bit more obvious.
ShaunWhite

eightbo wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:45 pm
Why not Shaun? It's more a case of pointing toward free resources rather than encouraging someone to buy a product.
Because it's a slippery slope.

Return to “Australian”