Some basic questions

Dallas

Atho55 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:23 pm
I was always under the impression that WOM was calculated from "Matched Amounts" so would not be unduly influenced by fake money
Its the unmatched amounts of the best 3 prices on either side of the book, which in BA you have the option (on the Display tab of your main settings area) of how much weight you want to give to each price
Atho55

Yes my mistake, but got me thinking if you actually did the same calc on the matched amounts could you compare the two to see the entries with the least spoof money?
firlandsfarm

Weight of Money: does it take into account that at odds of say 3.00 you need double the amount prepared to Lay to balance that prepared to Back or am I being completely stupid! :o

Flow of Money: Would this be a good monitor of the pressure of new money and whether it's in the back side ( :shock: two words and no hyphen! :lol: ) or the Lay side. I'm thinking Flow = (MoneyNow - MoneyBefore) + MoneyMatched where MoneyBefore was the money position at the start of a period and MoneyMatched is within the period. I've no idea if I've got that formula right nor over what period to use … I'm just thinking aloud!

Return to “Australian”