Betfair Australia - In-play trading

the4droogs

I've heard quite a few Australians talk about in play trading, however, as you are aware, we have restrictions on in-play trading online in Australia. So I'm wondering, how do these traders trade in play here? Is there some sort of a back door that they use to trade online? Or do they just use the old pick up the phone and make a bet method?

I've thought about doing the phone thing but it seems that most sports, with the possible exception of cricket, move to quickly to make it viable to take the time to pick up the phone.
Anbell

the4droogs wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:30 am
I've heard quite a few Australians talk about in play trading, however, as you are aware, we have restrictions on in-play trading online in Australia. So I'm wondering, how do these traders trade in play here? Is there some sort of a back door that they use to trade online? Or do they just use the old pick up the phone and make a bet method?

I've thought about doing the phone thing but it seems that most sports, with the possible exception of cricket, move to quickly to make it viable to take the time to pick up the phone.
You can use a VPN
the4droogs

Ah I see. Thankyou. I didn't realise you could bet in play from an Australian account if you came from a foreign IP address.
Feed hunter

Hello everybody Am from australia and have account on every betting site .I was reading this thread and wanna know know is there any app in australia where I can do my bets without calling them .I know it can be done before match starts but wanna know if I can do when match is going on like tests and t20 ..Please let me know guys .Thanks in advance
Anbell

Feed hunter wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:13 pm
Hello everybody Am from australia and have account on every betting site .I was reading this thread and wanna know know is there any app in australia where I can do my bets without calling them .I know it can be done before match starts but wanna know if I can do when match is going on like tests and t20 ..Please let me know guys .Thanks in advance
You can use a VPN
Trent123

For what site??
Anbell

Trent123 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:13 am
For what site??
For some weird reason, it is perfectly legitimate to use an Australian Betfair account on a VPS (eg Betangel/Amazon) in the UK or elsewhere and use that to trade InPlay on Betfair AU
Coach

Newbie here, I'm hoping for some clarification on this subject.

I have a VPN through my anti-virus (Norton) that kicks in automatically when there's a "threat" and when it does BetFair .com.au displays an error page. Do you perceive that to be an issue with Norton and a stand alone VPN like Express would solve the problem? Do you still log in to BetFair .com.au or another country?

Secondly, my main motivation to use BA is automation due to timezones. I'm not right across a "VPS" but does that does mean because trades go via a third party (BA in this case) in-play trading is possible even without the use of a VPN?

TIA !
Dallas

Coach wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:35 pm
Newbie here, I'm hoping for some clarification on this subject.

I have a VPN through my anti-virus (Norton) that kicks in automatically when there's a "threat" and when it does BetFair .com.au displays an error page. Do you perceive that to be an issue with Norton and a stand alone VPN like Express would solve the problem? Do you still log in to BetFair .com.au or another country?

Secondly, my main motivation to use BA is automation due to timezones. I'm not right across a "VPS" but does that does mean because trades go via a third party (BA in this case) in-play trading is possible even without the use of a VPN?

TIA !
A VPN just changes your IP address where as a VPS is a physical server, this can be located anywhere in the world, but the ones provided by Bet Angel are located here in the UK so have UK IP addresses
https://www.betangel.com/vps/

A VPS doesn't route via Bet Angel, they still connect directly to Betfair just the same as your desktop PC/Laptop, you just login to your VPS from any internet enabled device to do whatever tasks you want.

However there is a dedicated Server edition of Bet Angel pro that can only be run on VPS's provided by Bet Angel, this is because there internal settings are optimised for the known network route between the data centre hosting the VPS and Betfair's servers - giving you the best possible connection to Betfair

So if using a Bet Angel VPS for automation it will be as if you were located in the UK so you won't experience the extra latency you will currently be getting
Coach

Appreciate it, thanks. I think I understand haha! I'm trying to make a second income from trading and have no issue investing in the tools to do so. My only concern if it would work is it would still log in to a Betfair .com.au account. Otherwise I 'll have to focus on pre event systems with BA.
megarain

It works fine with a Betfair.com.au account
Coach

megarain wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:20 am
It works fine with a Betfair.com.au account
Thanks! Exciting times ahead!
Darcy

You've been given some good advice but I have heard of a couple of newly opened accounts getting closed for bypassing the restrictions via VPN/VPS. Years ago I messaged customer service to alert them that I was going to the UK for a few weeks (so the IP change didn't get flagged as suspicious etc) and they just said they've noted it on my account. I trade in play daily and have never been asked any questions.

So if you have a fairly new account it might be worth 'taking a trip' but if you are a long term BF user I doubt you'll have any issues at all. Good luck!
Coach

Darcy wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:05 am
You've been given some good advice but I have heard of a couple of newly opened accounts getting closed for bypassing the restrictions via VPN/VPS. Years ago I messaged customer service to alert them that I was going to the UK for a few weeks (so the IP change didn't get flagged as suspicious etc) and they just said they've noted it on my account. I trade in play daily and have never been asked any questions.

So if you have a fairly new account it might be worth 'taking a trip' but if you are a long term BF user I doubt you'll have any issues at all. Good luck!
Good idea, thanks mate. I might innocently ask if I need to start a new .UK account when I move there or my .com.au will just work fine
bmsilvs

hey all
i have been using expressvpn for betfair in play use for years with no issues but have just been stopped
has anyone in australia had any issues today or recently? or with any solutions ?
I have spoken to vpn provider and gone through all there workarounds with no luck

thanks in advance

Return to “Australian”