Guardian not refreshing?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
JacoboPolavieja

Hi!

As I think we don't ahve the possibility of opening two markets at the same time with BetAngel I had thought of having one opened directly into BA, and see the other on Guardin (I just need to place bets in one while watching other).
To my surprise I've realized although I have Guardian's refresh time set to 500ms and have checked the auto refresh, it doesn't refresh. Well, it refreshes if I click on the same market that is being displayed in BA's main screen, but it doesn't if the market opened in BA differs from the one selected in Guardian. Have I missed something or is this on purpose?

Thanks!
Euler

Guardian refreshes automatically in the background. The only time it will not do it, is if you use the advanced 'restrict refresh' function. You should check to make sure you haven't accidentally set that up to restrict the refresh.
JacoboPolavieja

Euler wrote:Guardian refreshes automatically in the background. The only time it will not do it, is if you use the advanced 'restrict refresh' function. You should check to make sure you haven't accidentally set that up to restrict the refresh.
I'm sorry I forgot to mention it, but I don't have that option checked either...

I'll write to support seeing that is not a normal issue ;).

Thanks for your help!
SpikeyBob

Hi Jacob,

If I have understood you correctly, then the behaviour you are seeing is normal.

The guardian refresh interval is not how often 'each' market is refreshed but, how often it skips between markets to refresh them.

So if you had 20 markets loaded and a refresh time of 500ms, it would take 10 seconds to refresh all of the markets (20 x 500ms).

Hope this helps.

SB
JacoboPolavieja

Hi and thanks for the clarification!

I really thought it was as a per market basis... it all makes sense now. It seems I won't be able to use it for having two markets at a time on the same instance of BA.

I hope BA allows having several markets open in the future without having different instances of the program thus reducing the number of connections in each.

Till then, I'll either reduce the number of markets in Guardian or seek for an alternative method.

Thanks for the help!
Euler

In the middle ages there was a time when Betfair allowed anything, but now they restrict you to 20 calls per second. Even then its down to their calculation not yours as to what exactly 20 per second means.

http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/

The upshot is that if you have a set up which you are happy with you have to divide that by two if you want two markets, three if you want three etc. So four markets open would only allow you to update prices four times slower in effect unless you fiddled connection parameters in Bet Angel.

You can make things refresh faster but Betfair will charge you for this. The other alternative you may to look at is the spreadsheet functionality which will allow you to trigger in real time on parameters but will refresh according to your connection restrictions.
gstar1975

Why is Guardian refresh rate controlling the one click refresh rate?

If i have Guardian set to 1 sec the One Click screen also refreshes at 1 sec even though the refresh rate on the one click screen is set to 20ms.

I would like to control them both separately. Guardian set to refresh at 1 sec, and One click Screen or Ladder set to a faster refresh rate.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:39 pm
Why is Guardian refresh rate controlling the one click refresh rate?

If i have Guardian set to 1 sec the One Click screen also refreshes at 1 sec even though the refresh rate on the one click screen is set to 20ms.

I would like to control them both separately. Guardian set to refresh at 1 sec, and One click Screen or Ladder set to a faster refresh rate.
They are independent of each other.

But if you had 10 markets in Guardian refreshing at 20ms thats means each market gets refreshed 5 times every second
If you loaded one to the one click screen and had that set to 1 second you would still see it updated 5 times per second because Guardian is refreshing it faster still

Add 75 markets to Guardian it would take 1.5 seconds to refresh them all, so the one-click screen would now update every second as that is the faster rate

Return to “Support”