Can't Connect to VPS

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Anbell

I'm back up now.
Euler

November updates are rolling out. If you want to avoid mandated restarts you can always 'force' an update.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 am
November updates are rolling out. If you want to avoid mandated restarts you can always 'force' an update.
Thanks. I'm not sure that's it though. Every time it happens to me, all betting stops, and I cant log in, but when I finally can log in all of the BA apps are up and running and start placing bets again (without me restarting the apps, or applying the auto files etc)
megarain

I get exactly the same thing - maybe 4-6 times in the last yr, I am actually betting on an event, and the VPS disconnects.

On trying to reconnect, am locked out for about 30 mins.

On getting back in, the machine hasn't restarted - all previous apps were exactly as they were before disconnection.
foxwood

Anbell wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:03 am
Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 am
Thanks. I'm not sure that's it though. Every time it happens to me, all betting stops, and I cant log in, but when I finally can log in all of the BA apps are up and running and start placing bets again (without me restarting the apps, or applying the auto files etc)
That sounds like the VPS has lost it's internet connection - that would stop it placing bets and at the same time would stop you connecting.
Anbell

megarain wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am
I get exactly the same thing - maybe 4-6 times in the last yr, I am actually betting on an event, and the VPS disconnects.

On trying to reconnect, am locked out for about 30 mins.

On getting back in, the machine hasn't restarted - all previous apps were exactly as they were before disconnection.
Me too. I've asked support about it once before and they said they couldnt find any disconnection issues or anything else but (IMHO) it almost certainly is happening.
Euler

Other than scheduled udpates and so on, we are not seeing any widespread connection related issues. So there doesn't appear to be anything specifically systemic about any issues you are seeing.

We do run out own servers, so actively monitor performance and so on and I use the same servers for my own activity. So we are pretty quick to pick up on any issues.

If you want to switch to another server at any point, we are happy to do that for you. Just pop a note to support and they will arrange it for you.
megarain

2 of 4 servers just went offline, mid-race.

No pattern to it.

One of the servers is brand new, the other 2 yrs old.

Wont allow re-connection. Been 15 mins offline so far.

//

Both allowed re-connection about 45 mins after crashing. Returns to exactly the same Bet Angel page as when it crashed, so definately
no updates done.

Its really wierd.
gazuty

megarain wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:36 am

No pattern to it.

//

Both allowed re-connection about 45 mins after crashing. Returns to exactly the same Bet Angel page as when it crashed, so definately
no updates done.

Its really wierd.
Functioning fine for me at present (not saying this helps you, but doesn't seem to be a whole of datacentre issue).
Anbell

megarain wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:36 am

No pattern to it.

//

no updates done.

Its really wierd.
It happened to me again yesterday, early Sat AU horses
lotora

Just happened to me, lasted for about 30 mins
megarain

Yeah .. its a definite pattern.

It always comes back - normally between 30-45 mins.
Euler

It's difficult to isolate specifically what you are seeing.

We are not seeing widespread problems and none are being reported at the datacentre, but it must be something.

We run a number of them 24x7 some to just make sure everything is OK and if we lose connection we get an alert. but they are not catching the same issues you are flagging.

I had an issue on Saturday where I a connection dropped and I couldn't get it back. But it turned out that just rebooting the router solve the issue. Never really understand what caused that.

We will keep an eye on things and see if we can isolate any issues.
megarain

I had an issue on Saturday where I a connection dropped and I couldn't get it back. But it turned out that just rebooting the router solve the issue. Never really understand what caused that.

This is what we get, but have no control panel to reboot etc.
Euler

I meant rebooting my home router, not the remote one.

Return to “Support”