Place BSP Bet

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
paspuggie48

A numpty question from me..again !

After rebuilding some lost baf files, I tried rebuilding the Take BSP baf but it fails to trigger.

'ANY selection' relates to a Text Comparison which works fine for all other comparison rules. Liability is set to fixed £11

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Screenshot 2022-10-01 080830.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

I've often had issues laying at BSP. Even when I know the liability is over the BF minimum. I never really got to the bottom of it, so curious on the answer to this one as well.
Never had an issue with backs
Anbell

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:14 am
A numpty question from me..again !

After rebuilding some lost baf files, I tried rebuilding the Take BSP baf but it fails to trigger.

'ANY selection' relates to a Text Comparison which works fine for all other comparison rules. Liability is set to fixed £11

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Screenshot 2022-10-01 080830.png
A few things:
1. 5 seconds isnt very long if you've loaded up guardian
2. Sometimes EVERY is better than ANY
3. does the place market have BSP
4. there are some weird circumstances in AUstralia where you need to have 30 liability for BSP
5. What does the log say?
paspuggie48

Generally though, the settings on the screenshot were right, yes/no?

A few things:
I'll extend it to 30 seconds or something
In this instance of Take BSP & with the Text Comparison, it only accepts ANY
I loaded every race for the Oz races and the majority had at least one selection in the retrospective race
4. there are some weird circumstances in AUstralia where you need to have 30 liability for BSP
Never knew this, so maybe this is why?
Blank from what I could see, as nothing triggered

I've previously used Take BSP Back or Lay on UK, USA, RSA markets, this was the first time I tried it for Oz races.

Wish I hadn't lost my old baf files, so will try and reset using UK races today. If that works then I'll copy it to Oz races and see what happens.
Anbell

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:44 am
Generally though, the settings on the screenshot were right, yes/no?

A few things:
I'll extend it to 30 seconds or something
In this instance of Take BSP & with the Text Comparison, it only accepts ANY
I loaded every race for the Oz races and the majority had at least one selection in the retrospective race
Never knew this, so maybe this is why?
Blank from what I could see, as nothing triggered

I've previously used Take BSP Back or Lay on UK, USA, RSA markets, this was the first time I tried it for Oz races.

Wish I hadn't lost my old baf files, so will try and reset using UK races today. If that works then I'll copy it to Oz races and see what happens.
If there was nothing in the log then #1 is probably the issue. You can optimize by extending the window, speeding up the refresh rate (streaming), and using "restrict refresh"
paspuggie48

OK, now it's getting weird.
All my other Text Comparison lay rules work for UK, USA & RSA markets. So, I simply replicated the same format to a rule for Oz racing. Not one of them fired, I increased the fixed liability to £20 too. All prices are below 10.0 as well. Which makes me wonder if the baseline liability is more like Anbell said.
I'm intrigued....
ShaunWhite

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:21 pm
All my other Text Comparison lay rules work for UK, USA & RSA markets. So, I simply replicated the same format to a rule for Oz racing. Not one of them fired, I increased the fixed liability to £20 too. All prices are below 10.0 as well. Which makes me wonder if the baseline liability is more like Anbell said.
I'm intrigued....
$1 on a back $30 liability on a lay.

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/betfair- ... rice-faqs/
paspuggie48

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:24 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
I'm intrigued....

Wow, live 'n learn. Thanks Shaun ;)
Anbell

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:22 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:24 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
I'm intrigued....

I'd expect that to show up in the log though.

What are your text comparison rules?
ShaunWhite

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:22 pm
I just Googled "Betfair SP min stake australia" and posted the first link. ;)

But you'll have seen from the link that's the Betfair AU site. The UK terms just say "The minimum stake for a back bet at SP is £2 (or the local currency equivalent). The minimum liability if laying is £10 (or the local currency equivalent). " and don't have market specific differences. I don't know what territory you bet from so take your pick.
paspuggie48

Woods for the trees springs to mind...I found out the issue with my Text Comparison on OZ markets.

The Text Comparison option I have selected is "exactly matches one of the following".

I used to pick the "contains" option but I found some horses were inadvertently traded on because they contained some of the name of my actual selections (inevitably they'd always go against me).

So, for example R7 Flemington had Alligator Blood, what I should be adding to the Condition is 4. Alligator Blood; that is adding the cloth number too.

Once I knew this and re-jigged it, it began to trigger and all is well....
Anbell

Finally! It can be so frustrating trying to solve some problems that are obvious in retrospect.
paspuggie48

Anbell wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:36 am
Finally! It can be so frustrating trying to solve some problems that are obvious in retrospect.
It happened once in US racing Anbell due to Betfair putting the cloth number in the name field. Now it's clicked, all part of the learning curve :D

Return to “Support”