Balance will not update on one click screen

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
fingers21

Hi,

I noticed that the balance on the one click screen stopped updating a couple of months ago.

Not a big deal, I thought, as I can refresh it manually by clicking on it. I am now, however, trying an automation that requires the stake to be a percentage of the balance and since the balance does not update it is proven to be a bigger problem than originally anticipated.

Is there anything i can do to restore the automatic balance refresh function or is this something I (and perhaps others like me) will have to learn to live with?

Thanks
Dallas

I've never noticed any problems with it being updated or seen any comments from anyone else so far

Are you using streaming or polling to fetch market updates?

If you switch to the other does it update then?
fingers21

I am streaming and set up to switch to a new market 60 seconds before the off.

Everything is updating just fine bar the balance. I had Betangel for 4-5 years now with no issues until now. I thought I may have changed some setting accidently but I cannot find anything relating to the balance refreshing except from the tick box in settings that will hide/display the balance.

There was another thread on the subject last year nut the issue was unresolved.

viewtopic.php?t=23412
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 6:49 pm
I am streaming and set up to switch to a new market 60 seconds before the off.

Everything is updating just fine bar the balance. I had Betangel for 4-5 years now with no issues until now. I thought I may have changed some setting accidently but I cannot find anything relating to the balance refreshing except from the tick box in settings that will hide/display the balance.

There was another thread on the subject last year nut the issue was unresolved.

viewtopic.php?t=23412
That was about the balance being pushed into Excel not updating (although I don't remember the thread I'll have a look when I get chance to see if I can recreate that and if it still exists)

Did you try switching to polling to see if it updates for you?
Streaming and polling retrieve updates in different ways and it's been known (although very rare now) for some people to struggle to use streaming, which could be down to a number of things including the way their ISP routes there connection.

Until the build before last BA still used polling as the default method for this reason
fingers21

If by polling you mean to untick the streaming box, yes I did with no success. If not, please elaborate so I can give it a go.

I never had any problems with streaming or anything else for that matter since day one so I am at a loss why this suddenly stopped working.

When it worked, my balance would update within a second or two from placing a bet. Now it will remain the same all day until I do a manual refresh.
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 10:01 pm
If by polling you mean to untick the streaming box, yes I did with no success. If not, please elaborate so I can give it a go.

I never had any problems with streaming or anything else for that matter since day one so I am at a loss why this suddenly stopped working.

When it worked, my balance would update within a second or two from placing a bet. Now it will remain the same all day until I do a manual refresh.
Yes, that is what I meant by polling

Do you have another internet connection you can try? perhaps a 4g mobile connection?

Its a very odd thing for just a balance to not update and not something I've ever seen or known happen so unfortunately it will just be a process of elimination until hopefully the culprit is found
fingers21

Unfortunately not. However, as my job dictates that I travel a fair bit around the country, when I do, I tend to use the hotel internet to connect but the issue still persists regardless.
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:22 pm
Unfortunately not. However, as my job dictates that I travel a fair bit around the country, when I do, I tend to use the hotel internet to connect but the issue still persists regardless.
OK, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing from the website?
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
fingers21

I installed Bet Angel on a different laptop and that seem to have done the trick. The balance updates and if I have both running at the same time the other one updates too, However, as soon as switch off the new version the problem re-appears.

I guess I will have to delete and re-install the other copy too. My only concern is that all my automation file will be deleted too. Is there a way to save all of them in one go somewhere on my pc or do I have to do it one at a time?

Regardless, the issue has now been resolved Dallas, and your help has been very much appreciated.
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:26 am
I installed Bet Angel on a different laptop and that seem to have done the trick. The balance updates and if I have both running at the same time the other one updates too, However, as soon as switch off the new version the problem re-appears.

I guess I will have to delete and re-install the other copy too. My only concern is that all my automation file will be deleted too. Is there a way to save all of them in one go somewhere on my pc or do I have to do it one at a time?

Regardless, the issue has now been resolved Dallas, and your help has been very much appreciated.
Glad were getting somewhere with it :)

All your saved settings, layouts, rules files, filters, etc are stored locally and don't get removed even if you uninstall the software - you need to navigate to the folder and manually delete it to lose them

So you can either just install the latest version over the top of your existing version, or uninstall that first before installing the newest version either way all your saved files will be kept in tact and ready for you to use when you login to the new version
fingers21

A quick update.

I now have tow copies of Bet Angel on two different laptops that will not update the balance on the one click screen!

The copy that was installed on a brand new laptop, worked fine for a week or so but it stopped working yesterday.

On the other laptop, I had Bet Angel deleted and did a clean install but the balance still failed to update.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening as everything else is working fine. I am streaming with no issues and the prices and available money update fine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before or am I just the lucky one! :D
Dabbla

Have tried to start BA with (factory default) setting and (factory default) screens? If not, it may be worth a try.

When you say the balance on the one click screen do you mean at the bottom right of the console or are you using automation to pull the balance to a column on the 1click screen?

Also is this live or practice mode, if its practice mode, you can pull the balance but it won’t update with bets placed in PM, it will update the PM balance if bets are placed in live mode.
fingers21

I am not sure what you mean by "start BA with (factory default) setting", but I had it installed on a brand new computer from the Bet Angel website and it worked fine until yesterday.

Yes, I do mean the balance on the bottom right hand side of the screen and no, I am not using practice mode. This is all live.
Dabbla

fingers21 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:03 pm
I am not sure what you mean by "start BA with (factory default) setting", but I had it installed on a brand new computer from the Bet Angel website and it worked fine until yesterday.
When you login,
logset.PNG
If your using custom setting something may have got corrupted. Using the default setting should sort it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fingers21

Oh I see...It is on this setting already and it makes no difference unfortunately.

Return to “Support”