Automate backing at set price range

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Deanu

Hi all,

I am looking to automate backing at a certain price range, e.g anything between 5 and 10. I then want to lay the selection at a fixed price below this. I'm relatively new to bet angel and this is the first piece of automation that I would like to try. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
Dallas

To back in a price range you would use 2 x Fixed odds conditions with your back rule type.

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Greater" than 5.0

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Less" than 10.0

Then on your lay rule type add one of or both the following conditions

"Number of matched bets condition"
On Selection is "Equal" to 1
or
"Matched bets amount condition"
Back bets
is "Equal" to
Folowing fixed amount
£X.XX (Enter the amount of the back stake used)
Deanu

Many thanks for reply. Please forgive the naivety, when I am setting the rule under 'general' there doesn't appear to be the option to be price specific. It asks for a specific row, name, or favouritism? I see your advice relates to the conditions section, just wondering what to select in the general area. I would like to back any runner that falls within those price brackets.

Cheers, Dean
Dallas

In the general area you would select
"Place Back Bet"
and choose the time you want to arm the trigger (place the bet)
applies to selection "ANY"

On the parameters tab you would choose your stake and odds you want to back at
(if you want any that are avalible between 5.0-10.0 you would choose "Best Market Price"

Then on the conditions tab use the ones i gave in my first message.

Then add a second rule bly clicking on the green plus icon

General
"Place Lay bet"
choose your times again
applies to selection "ANY"

On the parameters tab set the stakes and odds etc

Then on conditions use either or both the conditions and set up as described in my first message
Deanu

The only thing I can't seem to find is the 'any' that you say is located in the 'applies to section' area. I can only see the options by name, by row index, or by position
Dallas

Assuming you are using the latest version of Bet Angel or a version above around 1.40 it will be a screen resolution issue.

Have a look at this link and see if the attached image by Mikky looks like what your seeing - if so instructions on how to fix are on the same page

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11669&p=99086&hili ... ion#p99086
Deanu

Aha! Downloaded the latest version on BA and it now appears! I was on 1.40.0 previously.

Many thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Dean
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:07 pm
To back in a price range you would use 2 x Fixed odds conditions with your back rule type.

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Greater" than 5.0

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Less" than 10.0

or
Back bets
is "Equal" to
Folowing fixed amount
I would like to place a Back bet within a range, but the range is set differently for each nominated horse. How can I get this automated as I would have to change the range prices for each race I have a bet in this could be 20 races so it makes the automation defunct. I would like to set the range prices say in Guardian custom column and then have a rules file that uses the prices to place a bet on the nominated horse (up to 3 selections in a race)

Nom.1 Range 2.0 3.0
Nom.2 Range 3.0 4.0
Nom.3 Range 4.0 5.0

To place bets at 0mins to post if the current back price is within these ranges?

So I would have a place either on the one click screen and or on Guardian where I can type in the ranges, and then have a rules file to place the bets accordingly.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:15 pm
Dallas wrote:

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Greater" than 5.0

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Less" than 10.0

or
Back bets
is "Equal" to
Folowing fixed amount
I would like to place a Back bet within a range, but the range is set differently for each nominated horse. How can I get this automated as I would have to change the range prices for each race I have a bet in this could be 20 races so it makes the automation defunct. I would like to set the range prices say in Guardian custom column and then have a rules file that uses the prices to place a bet on the nominated horse (up to 3 selections in a race)

Nom.1 Range 2.0 3.0
Nom.2 Range 3.0 4.0
Nom.3 Range 4.0 5.0

To place bets at 0mins to post if the current back price is within these ranges?

So I would have a place either on the one click screen and or on Guardian where I can type in the ranges, and then have a rules file to place the bets accordingly.
If you are applying a rule to a nominated runner you'll already need a rule for each
ie, to nominate up to 4 runners in a race you'll need 4 rule

So you'd just add the two Fixed odds conditions to each rule to create ranges for them
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:30 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Greater" than 5.0

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to xxxxx
Last traded price is
"Less" than 10.0

or
Back bets
is "Equal" to
Folowing fixed amount

Nom.1 Range 2.0 3.0
Nom.2 Range 3.0 4.0
Nom.3 Range 4.0 5.0

If you are applying a rule to a nominated runner you'll already need a rule for each

So you'd just add the two Fixed odds conditions to each rule to create ranges for them
Yes but i want to apply this rules file to all races and the range for a horse in 1 race will be different to that in another race

So race 1 would be:

Nom.1 range 2.0 3.0
Nom.2 range 3.0 4.0

Race 2 maybe:

Nom.1 range 3.0 4.0
Nom.2 range 4.0 5.0
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:48 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:30 pm
gstar1975 wrote:

Nom.1 Range 2.0 3.0
Nom.2 Range 3.0 4.0
Nom.3 Range 4.0 5.0

Yes but i want to apply this rules file to all races and the range for a horse in 1 race will be different to that in another race

So race 1 would be:

Nom.1 range 2.0 3.0
Nom.2 range 3.0 4.0

Race 2 maybe:

Nom.1 range 3.0 4.0
Nom.2 range 4.0 5.0
In race 2 you wouldn't use Nom 1
Instead you'd put the first runner in Nom 2
and I assume the Nom 3 range would be 4.0-5.0
So you'd put the second runner in Nom 3
and so on

But if you aren't using a fixed price range all the time and its changing from race to race you are going to need dedicated rules for each market - effectively you are wanting runners of your choice to be within price ranges ranges applicable to a specfic race

Return to “Support”