5 months - and still awaiting a refund from Betfair

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
lotora

For your information: Finally he gave up, losing £500! And this is Betfair customer support!
lotora

Today, my good friend Bill Peaty, sent this letter to [email protected] (https://www.onlinebetting.org.uk/), with a copy to the CEO Peter Jackson ([email protected])

"I joined Betfair in March 2020 and deposited 500 pounds short time thereafter. Little did I know then, that in the meantime, Betfair had already closed this newly opened account, but I was never offered any explanation.

This same day, I contacted the company regarding the procedures and requirements that had to be met in order to get a refund. Once acquired, they were uploaded to Betfair chat support. However, it turned out that Betfair also needed a 6-digit authorization code. When I contacted my bank about it, I was told that because I made the transfer through telephone banking, the 6-digit code did not apply. However, without this code Betfair was not willing to refund the money.

For the last 12 months, I have been looking for alternative solutions, which have all been turned down by Betfair. Now I have finally decided to call it a day.

Going forward my focus will be on warning others about Betfair through use of Social Media, and forums like Bet Angel. This document will be posted on Bet Angel today by a friend of mine.

Anyhow, the main reason for contacting you, is to have your advice on the legal basis for seeking compensation from Betfair for my non-financial loss, such as pain, suffering, and distress, as well as countless of hours of chatting with Betfair.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Bill Peaty"
The Silk Run

Thank you for sharing your friend's personal experience with Betfair, I empathise entirely, and hope he has some closure.
Historically, I am NOT a supporter of this outfit !!!
Archery1969

What you need is a persistent/nasty journalist who is willing to investigate your case and if necessary name and shame Betfair/Paddy Power.

Contact the following with all the details:

https://www.theguardian.com/ - They have already run stories on how the UK Betting Industry is out of control.

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/
The Silk Run

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 am
What you need is a persistent/nasty journalist who is willing to investigate your case and if necessary name and shame Betfair/Paddy Power.

https://www.theguardian.com/ - They have already run stories on how the UK Betting Industry is out of control.

The Guardian is a GOOD signpost Archery, they revel in gambling exposes !!!
GC are just a trailing-stop for these outfits, absolute waste of time ...
I submitted a small claim against Paddy Power Betfair last year, they refunded my monies including charges incurred ;)
Last edited by The Silk Run on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archery1969

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 am

The Guardian is a GOOD signpost Archery, they revel in gambling exposes !!!
I submitted a small claim against Paddy Power Betfair last year, they refunded my monies including charges incurred ;)
Well done. :)
lotora

Today, a woman from Betfair called Bill, apologizing on behalf of the company for what he had to go through, and was told that Peter Jackson was very annoyed that it had taken this long.

He should expect to receive a refund within next week. Personally, I had also hoped that Bill would demand a monetary compensation, but he seemed more than happy just to get his money back.
Derek27

lotora wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:01 pm
Today, a woman from Betfair called Bill, apologizing on behalf of the company for what he had to go through, and was told that Peter Jackson was very annoyed that it had taken this long.

He should expect to receive a refund within next week. Personally, I had also hoped that Bill would demand a monetary compensation, but he seemed more than happy just to get his money back.
Even I haven't got the stamina for a 5-month fight. I can imagine if it takes 5 months just to get your balance it would take a lot to fight for compensation. Pleased to hear he's getting refunded.
lotora

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:08 pm
lotora wrote:

Even I haven't got the stamina for a 5-month fight. I can imagine if it takes 5 months just to get your balance it would take a lot to fight for compensation. Pleased to hear he's getting refunded.
...Actually, he deposited the money on March 4, 2020.. Yes he was very happy when he called me. Hopefully there will be fewer cases like his in the future.
The Silk Run

+10
Thank you for the update lotora. I am GENUINELY pleased for your friend Bill, and note his resilience ....
Euler

Best result of the day!
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
I honestly read this as a lady called Bill rang your friend. Had to re-read it 3 times before I understood that there was in fact no lady called Bill. :lol:
Kai

lotora wrote:
...and was told that Peter Jackson was very annoyed that it had taken this long.
How this man finds the time to answer all these endless emails and work on all his Hobbit movies is still beyond me.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 pm
lotora wrote:
I honestly read this as a lady called Bill rang your friend. Had to re-read it 3 times before I understood that there was in fact no lady called Bill. :lol:
:lol:

Return to “Support”