FREEZING/CRASHING TOO MANY MARKETS?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Citysharks

Hi

I've had issues with Bet Angel freezing/crashing due to over loading markets.

I thought loading 600-700 was safe without BA freezing which it normally is but yesterday it locked up with under 500 markets loaded.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix? Is there a recommended market amount for football?

The Laptop running is an I7 (Low grade) with 16GB Ram so could it be the specs? I've had two BA's running and one crashed while the other kept running so presuming it's the the Laptop specs.

It's very disappointing setting up automation only to find the whole system has frozen and while it's normally fine with 600-700 markets it's an issue to say the less.

Any advice on how to avoid this in future would be great thanks.
jimibt

Citysharks wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Hi

I thought loading 600-700 was safe without BA freezing which it normally is but yesterday it locked up with under 500 markets loaded.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix? Is there a recommended market amount for football?

The Laptop running is an I7 (Low grade) with 16GB Ram so could it be the specs? I've had two BA's running and one crashed while the other kept running so presuming it's the the Laptop specs.

It's very disappointing setting up automation only to find the whole system has frozen and while it's normally fine with 600-700 markets it's an issue to say the less.

you may want to restrict the refresh (unless you need to review the odds etc BEFORE the game starts). something like 60 seconds before and 6000 seconds after start time (on advanced settings) should work.

a small comment tho that i'd make. it's certainly none of my business regarding how you target games but I find it unlikely that you have a strategy that scales across such a wide range of games in a single session. however, if you do -send me the baf file :D
Citysharks

jimibt wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:06 pm
Citysharks wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Hi

you may want to restrict the refresh (unless you need to review the odds etc BEFORE the game starts). something like 60 seconds before and 6000 seconds after start time (on advanced settings) should work.

a small comment tho that i'd make. it's certainly none of my business regarding how you target games but I find it unlikely that you have a strategy that scales across such a wide range of games in a single session. however, if you do -send me the baf file :D
Refresh rate has already been restricted with little difference in the freezing.
Dallas

Was it a one off is is it always freezing now?

Are you using signals and/or stored values in any of the rules and if so are they being writen to the log?

I have a 'test' laptop i use which is years old and dog slow (1.7 duel core with 4gb ram), and that manages the same number of markets no problem in addition to me doing other stuff at the same time
Citysharks

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Are you using signals and/or stored values in any of the rules and if so are they being writen to the log?

I have a 'test' laptop i use which is years old and dog slow (1.7 duel core with 4gb ram), and that manages the same number of markets no problem in addition to me doing other stuff at the same time
Yes I'm using signals and stored values it's always crashed on weekends if using 1000 markets+ but it's far more stable using between 600-800 markets with no crashes apart from yesterday with under 500 markets.

Most crashes have been on the weekend so could possible be due to too many matches kicking off at the same time?

What I've noticed is that if I load up 1000+ markets the match name does not show in Guardian until I remove a few selections and cup it down to around 900.
Dallas

Citysharks wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm
Dallas wrote:

Yes I'm using signals and stored values it's always crashed on weekends if using 1000 markets+ but it's far more stable using between 600-800 markets with no crashes apart from yesterday with under 500 markets.

Most crashes have been on the weekend so could possible be due to too many matches kicking off at the same time?

What I've noticed is that if I load up 1000+ markets the match name does not show in Guardian until I remove a few selections and cup it down to around 900.
If you are using streaming (which I assume you are for that amount of markets), the max number of markets allowed by Betfair is 1000, adding anymore than this will always cause you problems

It sounds like the crash yesterday (with <500) might just have been one of those things, did you check your task manager for your CPU usage etc?
Citysharks

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:17 pm
Citysharks wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm
Dallas wrote:

If you are using streaming (which I assume you are for that amount of markets), the max number of markets allowed by Betfair is 1000, adding anymore than this will always cause you problems

It sounds like the crash yesterday (with <500) might just have been one of those things, did you check your task manager for your CPU usage etc?
Thanks it was just a one of with <500 so I guest I'll be a little more careful as the CPU should be fine as I only use to run BA on a fresh install. That said I did notice on the <500 yesterday that the Guardian page is sent backwards and the BA login/settings front page pops up so I'll look further into turning off Windows security checks etc.

Thanks.
michaelhud1

Having an issue where betangel keeps closing itself, running 100 markets. Task manager says CPU usage went to 90% before it closes, would it be save to assume my laptop can't cope? Intel processor n3350 4gb ram
Dallas

michaelhud1 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:27 pm
Having an issue where betangel keeps closing itself, running 100 markets. Task manager says CPU usage went to 90% before it closes, would it be save to assume my laptop can't cope? Intel processor n3350 4gb ram
Thats quite an under powered set up for BA, you'd be fine trading one market at a time without loads of charts etc, but having 100 markets in Guardian all being refreshed with rules applied will cause the strains your seeing
LeTiss

The only problems I have is when I store historical values. They seem to slog the guts out of my desktop
michaelhud1

Okay thank you, upgrade time

Return to “Support”