Problem with 'take SP' bet

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
danum

Looking for advice here please.

I placed a closing trade (lay) in the 16:35 Redcar TBP market at 12:46, at 13:00 I had a partial match leaving a balance. I have the Safety Servant running on all races so the balance was tagged with "at inplay take SP'. At 13:40 and again at 14:08 there were 2 runners withdrawn,so market would have been reformed, and it now appears that my unmatched bet has now been changed to an SP bet that I can't amend and BF CS are no help whatsoever. Am I missing something here? I can see the unmatched bet in both BA and BF but if I try to amend it I just get an error?

TIA
Euler

Yes, this is flaw with the way SP bets are treated at Betfair unfortunately. If a runner is withdrawn then the bets exhibit this behaviour and you will have to wait til SP is reconciled before you can change things.
danum

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I always use the safety servant and it has saved me a few times but this is definitely worth noting when doing a longer term trade especially when conditions are likely to result in withdrawn horses well before post-time.

Return to “Support”