settings?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
peachflame

Vps server edition not working for me currently, downloaded latest pro version and attempting to import settings, but most settings arent being remembered, ie. ladder settings
Dallas

Can you clarify exactly what you are doing?

Which version are you downloading, the latest public version or the beta on this forum?
Which files are no longer working?
peachflame

Sure i posted reply to this a moment ago

So, server edition on vps completely bricked, takes minutes to load, terrible lagging,
downlaoded pro 1.55, imported settings as used on server edition, just not remembering settings esp. ladder settings

have manually inputted some settings, still not running as it should, are therre vps issues atm?
Dallas

peachflame wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:24 pm
Sure i posted reply to this a moment ago

So, server edition on vps completely bricked, takes minutes to load, terrible lagging,
downlaoded pro 1.55, imported settings as used on server edition, just not remembering settings esp. ladder settings

have manually inputted some settings, still not running as it should, are therre vps issues atm?
First thing to try is restarting the VPS by clicking;
Start > (the arrow icon next to log off) > Restart

The server version and regular version are installed to different directory's so any saved settings, layout, rules etc saved in one won't automatically appear in the other

So after the restart may try installing the sever version again and see if thats any better

If you are still finding it slow if you drop support a message they'll be able to look into it further and check there is nothing wrong with the server rack
https://betangel.kayako.com/conversation/new
peachflame

I should have added tahat i have restarted multiple times, no change

when you say install server version again, do you mean the full program? With the settings file i;ve just exported to desktop and imported as per instructions
Theres still lag issues, i'm looking at market clock and the seconds are ticking unevenly

I've been in contact via email and still waiting repsone for 2 hours, unfortunate on a sat afternoon
peachflame

Where do i renistall the server edition from?
Dallas

peachflame wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Where do i renistall the server edition from?
You can use this link
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... 1_55_0.exe
peachflame

Reinstalled SE, same problem

could it be gaurdian issue, when everything eventusally starts up when i open gaurdian, it has 7000 markets loaded, and then becomes unresponsive when i try and remove those markets
Dallas

peachflame wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:24 pm
Reinstalled SE, same problem

could it be gaurdian issue, when everything eventusally starts up when i open gaurdian, it has 7000 markets loaded, and then becomes unresponsive when i try and remove those markets
100% that will be the cause so you'll need to get them removed, TBH I'm surprised it's even opened with that many markets, you should be deleting old ones as soon as they are finished and you no longer need them

If you can't delete them from Guardian you'll need to go into your Bet Angel folder by navigating to the following path
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel ProfessionalSE

and delete the file named
market.cfg

When you next login your saved markets will be gone and it should be running at full speed again
peachflame

Ok i'll do that, just to be clear, every time i restarted I would attempt to clear all markets and then only load uk races but at that point it would attempt to load every possible market
Dallas

peachflame wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:10 pm
Ok i'll do that, just to be clear, every time i restarted I would attempt to clear all markets and then only load uk races but at that point it would attempt to load every possible market
If you have any old markets in Guardian when you open it (ie, from the day before), if you remove all markets and then close guardian, you'll get a pop up window asking if you want to 'save markets' click 'yes'

You can then open Guardian back up and it will be empty, and the only markets it will be able to add are the new ones it finds from your search

If you are you using the dedicated 'Racing' tab that will only find those starting today (or in the next day or two depending the time the search is done)

Return to “Support”