Betfair Graphs

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
ged1200

I've noticed over several weeks that Betfair horse racing runner's graphs don't "live" update on the Betfair website when the price and volume data changes (maybe they never did?). They only update when switching from one horse to another. I tried contacting Betfair about it but I didn't get anywhere and have to be careful with my blood pressure.
I've been considering having another go with Bet Angel, this time subscribing to Trader (I trialled and purchased a one year's subscription to BA Pro some years ago but got a little overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles). Will BA show live Betfair graphs through the API even though they don't appear to work on the website?
Yes, I know all you pros use Bet Angel graphs and I do intend to learn them as soon as I can make any sort of progress. I'm just trying to keep things as simple as possible to start with (back to basics) and most of Peter's videos, which I'm re-visiting (many times), demonstrate with Betfair graphs...
Dallas

A few months ago Betfair changed the location their charts are hosted, since then they have updated slowly and in some cases a bit erratic.

The Betfair charts are simply image files which Bet Angel downloads from them so they will be exactly the same charts as you see everywhere else
However, a Bet Angel user has created a replica of the Betfair chart using Bet Angels advanced charting editor, and this works much better than the current Betfair chart.

It can be downloaded from the following topic
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22921
paspuggie48

Try the shared files section

viewforum.php?f=62
paspuggie48

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:56 pm
A few months ago Betfair changed the location their charts are hosted, since then they have updated slowly and in some cases a bit erratic.

The Betfair charts are simply image files which Bet Angel downloads from them so they will be exactly the same charts as you see everywhere else
However, a Bet Angel user has created a replica of the Betfair chart using Bet Angels advanced charting editor, and this works much better than the current Betfair chart.

It can be downloaded from the following topic
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22921
Beat me to it !! :lol: :P
ged1200

Brilliant! This will work in BA Trader? Where will the downloaded file go?
Dallas

ged1200 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:21 pm
Brilliant! This will work in BA Trader? Where will the downloaded file go?
There isn't an option to import the charts in the Trader version, but all the options required to create them I think are there so below are screenshots of the settings needed
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ged1200

Dallas - You're a star!! (bet that's been said before...)
Thanks again
Dallas

ged1200 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:39 pm
Dallas - You're a star!! (bet that's been said before...)
Thanks again
Once or twice :)

Actually I've just thought they won't be much use to you in Trader, the markets need to be getting refreshed for the charts to plot.
In Pro you'd add the markets to Guardian for this, then by the time you open them you'll have some history to look at

In Trader there is no Guardian and you can only have one market on the screen at a time, so they will only begin plotting from when you open them, and if you switch to another briefly then back again it will be lost and need to start plotting again when you return to the market
ged1200

Ok, thanks, understood. I'll give it some thought...
jamesg46

ged1200 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 pm
How come you don't use the pro version? Even if you're practicing, you're at an instant disadvantage! It's almost like pre match training with a flat ball.... sometimes the best tactic is to just get stuck in to what you're not sure about. Sure it'll cost you a quid a day but you'll advance fsr quicker with the relative info and tools at your fingertips.
ged1200

I subscribed to Pro a few years ago and I really don't see the need for it again at this time. It would be like buying a 300 piece toolkit solely to change a spark plug. My aim is to see if I can learn to read horse racing markets and manually trade them on the ladder. Core fundamentals. If I'm unable to develop those skills on Trader, I won't be able to do it on Pro. Everything else follows on from achieving that primary goal.
If the goal isn't achieved, I still have value betting and trading on football to focus on.
Anbell

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:00 pm
ged1200 wrote:
How come you don't use the pro version? Even if you're practicing, you're at an instant disadvantage! It's almost like pre match training with a flat ball.... sometimes the best tactic is to just get stuck in to what you're not sure about. Sure it'll cost you a quid a day but you'll advance fsr quicker with the relative info and tools at your fingertips.
It's only 50p/day more expensive than Trader over 2 months!
jamesg46

ged1200 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:03 am
I subscribed to Pro a few years ago and I really don't see the need for it again at this time. It would be like buying a 300 piece toolkit solely to change a spark plug. My aim is to see if I can learn to read horse racing markets and manually trade them on the ladder. Core fundamentals. If I'm unable to develop those skills on Trader, I won't be able to do it on Pro. Everything else follows on from achieving that primary goal.
If the goal isn't achieved, I still have value betting and trading on football to focus on.
It makes sense that you wanna strip back all the gubbins & focus solely on reading the ladder, I get that and fair play to you. For me there is 3 things I would hate to be without that I think makes Pro a must have regardless of skill level. Number 1 is advanced charts, which for me are an absolute must have, even if BF charts were reliable, they're so condensed that pretty much the only use for them is to determine directional bias. Number 2 is stored values. What a game changer these are, I can monitor anything I want to all day long and get the feedback given to me in Guardian. Number 3 is Servants. I can't remember the last time I placed a bet manually (I may have at some point but it's rare). The speed advantage is a must for me. I can point at a runner and a servant will place all of my opening and closing trades... manual trade players are at the back of the que.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough.. I hope you get Pro, there is such a distinct advantage even for helping you with reading the market.
jamesg46

Anbell wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:01 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:00 pm
ged1200 wrote:
It's only 50p/day more expensive than Trader over 2 months!
I suppose it's each to their own... amazing how much product is packed into that extra 50p.

Return to “Support”