Price changes due to non runner

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
sheffutd1889

Hi,

I have a piece of automation I am currently testing in practice mode. I had a market with green on all selections when one runner was withdrawn... as a result, I now have a red on all selections, reduced by the total value of the lay bets placed on the withdrawn runner. As this runner was one of the favourites, I would expect to see other liabilites reduced based on the rule 4 but that doesn't appear to have happened.

I know that I might end up with some red somewhere as I'm sure the alterations won't balance my book perfectly but there has been no alterations at all. The only reason I could think for this is these alterations aren't picked up in practice mode...

Am I right or is there more to it than that?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Adam
Derek27

Did you trade the withdrawn horse? One possible reason is a profit on the withdrawn horse which now disappears and a loss on another?
sheffutd1889

Yes, I had a £4 lay on that runner and combined with multiple other lay trades on other runners, I had a £0.50 green across all runners. When that horse was withdrawn, I then had a £3.50 red across all runners. However, if the rule 4 was to be applied, my liability on the other lay tades on the remaining runners should have decreased so I shouldn't have had the full £3.50 liability.

I'm just wondering if the fact that I'm using this in practice mode would mean that BetAngel wouldn't make the adjustments like BetFair would if these were real bets?
Derek27

sheffutd1889 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:20 pm
Yes, I had a £4 lay on that runner and combined with multiple other lay trades on other runners, I had a £0.50 green across all runners. When that horse was withdrawn, I then had a £3.50 red across all runners. However, if the rule 4 was to be applied, my liability on the other lay tades on the remaining runners should have decreased so I shouldn't have had the full £3.50 liability.

I'm just wondering if the fact that I'm using this in practice mode would mean that BetAngel wouldn't make the adjustments like BetFair would if these were real bets?
You're probably right. I doubt practice mode would be aware of reduction factors. I guess in real mode BA pulls bet data off the exchange to correct PLs following a non-runner.

Return to “Support”