Strange results with TPD??

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Walshie1987

Hi,

I've been using TPD today very successfully! So I automated a few things and again worked brilliantly, but then I start getting weird results in the averages, see below (this was happening IP, I just didn't get the screenshot on time as I was on a call).

The averages were way out! 700mph horse at 740, I'd have backed that :D I did change the "Connect to TPD" rule to start 30seconds before the start time, but it was working fine for the other races.
Capture.JPG
Any ideas? I'll try again tomorrow and see how I get on. Also what US tracks does TPD support?

Thanks
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It looks like you MPH are very similar to the price of the runner, so perhaps you're overwriting the history list that is used to create the 5 & 10 second moving averages. i.e. You're overwriting the speed with the current price and so it's taking the moving average of that
jamesedwards

My guess would be it's a glitch in the tracking. If the tracker loses connection for a few seconds then I assume the system just sees the horse magically move X metres in a millisecond, hence the sudden whacky increase in reported speed?
Walshie1987

100% User Error! 🤦‍♂️ sorry!

I was working with other automation files and imported a rule that also utilized "History List 1". I simply changed this to another history list and all sorted.

I traded 3 races manually and made £3 a race with £2 stakes, really with no effort at all. I was just playing around.

Can't wait to test again tomorrow and if I get the automation correct then this is going to be a game changer!

Cheers
Chris
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:39 pm
My guess would be it's a glitch in the tracking. If the tracker loses connection for a few seconds then I assume the system just sees the horse magically move X metres in a millisecond, hence the sudden whacky increase in reported speed?
@BetAngel, would be useful to understand how the system handles connection drop outs.
Dallas

Walshie1987 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Hi,
Also what US tracks does TPD support?

This page lists all the UK and US tracks supported by TPD, its worth noting not all the US tracks are available on Betfair
https://www.totalperformancedata.com/datafeeds
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:53 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:39 pm
@BetAngel, would be useful to understand how the system handles connection drop outs.
There is a new Total Performance Data condition which allows you to test if the last update was received within a specified time frame, which enables you to ensure your rule/s don't trigger on old/stale data
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tot ... ata_1.html
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Also if the connection to TPD is broken, or if no new data arrives when expected, Bet Angel will auto-recover the connection. The number of times it’ll attempt this per race is configurable in the settings.
However as Dallas mentioned, the TPD Automation Condition is your best defence and allows you to stop betting and perhaps trigger greening if required, if the data update hasn’t occurred in your specified timeframe.

Return to “Support”