Connection status "disconnected" error

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:37 pm
This is my settings. I don't remember ever tampering with them myself as I wouldn't have a clue what they should be so I'm guessing it's set up on installation.
Capture.GIF
Thanks Derek I appreciate your help. I notice the main difference is you have "connection smoothing" set to medium while mine is set to off.

@Admin is it worth me trying a different setting?

smoothing.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

You can try setting it to medium to see if that helps, but it shouldn't make any difference to the streaming.

I must admit, I rarely get a drop out on streaming.
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:22 pm
You can try setting it to medium to see if that helps, but it shouldn't make any difference to the streaming.

I must admit, I rarely get a drop out on streaming.
Thanks. I gave it a go but suffered another disconnection this evening for about 3 minutes.

It's weird because although market data freezes, any action I trigger on the one-click screen will hit Betfair but is not recognised by Bet Angel at all.
Derek27

Does the problem occur on all your laptops, or do you have BA installed on more than one laptop?
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:16 am
Does the problem occur on all your laptops, or do you have BA installed on more than one laptop?
It only occurs on my main trading PC.

Perhaps I should try completely uninstalling Bet Angel and reinstalling but I worry what settings and files I might lose.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Perhaps I should try completely uninstalling Bet Angel and reinstalling but I worry what settings and files I might lose.
You won't lose any, they are all saved in a separate directory which can only be deleted manually (if you wanted it removed)

Its always worth doing a periodic back up of that directory just in case your HD ever fails
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional

USERNAME is your PC user name i.e. James, John etc
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:20 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You won't lose any, they are all saved in a separate directory which can only be deleted manually (if you wanted it removed)

Its always worth doing a periodic back up of that directory just in case your HD ever fails
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional

USERNAME is your PC user name i.e. James, John etc
Thanks for the info. I've given uninstalling and reinstalling a go.

Return to “Support”