Connection status "disconnected" error

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
jamesedwards

I am getting occasional short periods of Betfair Exchange Streaming error "Disconnected" on Bet Angel.

They last about a minute and I've been getting around a couple a day for the last week or so.

Symptoms are:
  • connection status reports "disconnected"
  • all market info on one-click screen freezes
  • any manual trade triggered is received and actioned by Betfair but does not update as such on one-click screen
  • after a short time Bet Angel will automatically reconnect and market info spring into life

I know this is not an internet connection problem because the live streams I am watching are not affected.

This last occurred for me at 18:13 today.
streaming error.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I sometimes get that error when I take my computer out of hibernation and have to restart BA.
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:05 pm
I sometimes get that error when I take my computer out of hibernation and have to restart BA.
For me the error just pops up in the middle of trading. There is nothing specific that seems to trigger it.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:05 pm
For me the error just pops up in the middle of trading. There is nothing specific that seems to trigger it.
For me it would only occur on a BF outage or lost internet connection
jamesedwards

Just had exactly the same error again lasting about a minute at 20:18. Again no interruption to any of my live video streams or other internet.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:25 pm
Just had exactly the same error again lasting about a minute at 20:18. Again no interruption to any of my live video streams or other internet.
All OK here, not sure what the issue could be
jamesedwards

Naffman wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:46 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:25 pm
All OK here, not sure what the issue could be
Thanks for letting me know.

@Support: I wonder if it could it be something to do with a very short break in internet connection? Is it possible that a micro-second break in connection can cause Bet Angel to disconnect and for it to take up to a minute to re-establish the connection?
Anbell

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:48 pm
I am getting occasional short periods of Betfair Exchange Streaming error "Disconnected" on Bet Angel.

They last about a minute and I've been getting around a couple a day for the last week or so.

Symptoms are:
  • any manual trade triggered is received and actioned by Betfair but does not update as such on one-click screen
  • after a short time Bet Angel will automatically reconnect and market info spring into life

I know this is not an internet connection problem because the live streams I am watching are not affected.

streaming error.PNG
Do you have a wired connection?
jamesedwards

Anbell wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:56 am
jamesedwards wrote:

Symptoms are:

streaming error.PNG
Same issue with both wired and wifi. I've updated my Bet Angel from b1 to b2 and restored my router to factory settings and it hasn't happened since.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:06 am
Anbell wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

Symptoms are:

streaming error.PNG
Same issue with both wired and wifi. I've updated my Bet Angel from b1 to b2 and restored my router to factory settings and it hasn't happened since.
If it happens again try switching to polling (while still logged in) to see if that still working, quite often its a streaming problem and down to the way some users connection is routed
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:57 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:06 am
Anbell wrote:

If it happens again try switching to polling (while still logged in) to see if that still working, quite often its a streaming problem and down to the way some users connection is routed
The error occurred again today at 18:44. Again, there was no interruption to my internet connection. I unchecked the "use exchange streaming" box in settings and Bet Angel crashed completely! I had to end task in Task Manager and reload.
jamesedwards

Still getting this same error occasionally and it just occurred again. While 'disconnected' I tried again to uncheck the 'use exchange streaming' box but same result; my Bet Angel froze and crashed completely.
jamesedwards

...and again. I just waited this time and it reconnected after about a minute.

Anyone any ideas what else I can try? It's really rather annoying. There's lots of connection setting options that I've never touched.
settings.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

And again same problem. This time it disconnected for at least 3 minutes, and again there was no issue with my internet connection. Is there anything I can try with my Bet Angel communication settings to help stop this from happening?
Derek27

This is my settings. I don't remember ever tampering with them myself as I wouldn't have a clue what they should be so I'm guessing it's set up on installation.
Capture.GIF

Return to “Support”