betfair technical issues

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
redbasil

Hi,
I have a problem with betfair and im looking for advice if possible? Today there were issues on betfair. I set lay bets pre off then set back prices to hopefully be taken but if not i set them to take sp to make sure there are not great losses. Today there were a few races that did not go in play so my take sp bets were not taken. I contacted betfair chat which is a joke to complain they said they would not refund or void bets even though there was a technical issue. Because the take sp was not available i racked up to massive losses as a couple of the horses won, this is clearly a technical issue rendering one of their options useless. Is there anywhere at betfair i can contact apart from the chat to complain? as i cannot see any options anymore. I can also clearly see on my betangel log that i set my back bets and they were set to take sp, even the betangel site and betfair site was showing id greened up, so it is very confusing. Thanks for any help.

kind regards sandy
ODPaul82

You're pretty much stuffed, and join the very long list of people who have had their fingers burnt because of an outage.

Any bets placed beforehand that were matched are honoured. Any bets un-matched, in your case the take SP ones would have been cancelled and voided, it's part of their T&Cs. They may well have determined that bets you placed even though were matched were during the outage period so voided them.

Finally and probably not what you want to hear, you should always set your staking to a sensible level which takes into account the potential for a market outage & not be suffering massive losses.
The majority of the time I'll only ever have 5% risk in the market if it went absolutely tits up (that does go up to 10% but rarely). It's easier to make that back than say 30% plus psychologically you're not feeling like it's the end of the trading world
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:39 pm
...you should always set your staking to a sensible level which takes into account the potential for a market outage & not be suffering massive losses
That is very good advice which can't be repeated enough. Most traders have to learn it the hard way.
megarain

Betfair will never admit culpability and seem to hide user losses under Rules and Regs.

In my experience, the complaints procedure is tiresome at best.

The only upside is the rules are now consistent, so, if u can stay in the game, one day the ball will bounce in your favor.
LeTiss

In all fairness, it's not just Betfair experiencing these issues

I'm quite often logged into Bet365 because they are superb for IP action, and the site is easy to quickly navigate around
However, they have had a series of massive outages recently, including during the Man City - Real Madrid match last week
Twitter was full of angry punters unable to cash out bets
redbasil

Hey everyone thanks for the replies and explanation it was really helpful. I'll take the kick in the balls as it was intended, painfully! I will heed your advice a keep stakes small or just make sure I'm out before SP.. it's ironic that there safety button isn't actually a safety at all 🤷‍♂️. Thanks again guys you always get sound sensible replies on here it's appreciated.
goat68

redbasil wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 am
Hey everyone thanks for the replies and explanation it was really helpful. I'll take the kick in the balls as it was intended, painfully! I will heed your advice a keep stakes small or just make sure I'm out before SP.. it's ironic that there safety button isn't actually a safety at all 🤷‍♂️. Thanks again guys you always get sound sensible replies on here it's appreciated.
All sorts of things can go wrong, so best to assume you "will" lose your max exposure at some point regardless, imagine if your wifi/network fails just after placing your first bet and before you can place your TakeSP or anything else... or even you just make a misstake, or if you've using automation and you have a "bug" in your script....
As it happens the later happened to me this morning (a bot bug!), and I lost my max market exposure of -£50, annoying yes, but last month a Betfair glitch landed me +£43, as the chaps above say only risk a losable amount. In my case I use roughly 5% of my active account balance.

Return to “Support”