Saving custom filters

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Diginet

Hi,

Since I updated Betangel I can't seem to save any custom filters or settings?

Please can you advise.

Thanks

Craig
Dallas

Nothing has changed in the way they are saved or saved AS a new profile

Which way are you trying to do it?
Diginet

Hi,
Anything really if I try to make any changes to filters, chart settings I can't save them. I have attached a screen shot in this instance I just removed the Price setting and tried to save.
Diginet

Example of error message
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Can you export that chart profile and upload here
and also export the main settings profile you are currently using?

In the mean time login using the Factory defaults on the blue login window and see if you can save a new profiles when using those
Diginet

Thanks for a quick response.

Its all setting but I have attached what you requested Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diginet

Its the same if I login with everything on factory default
Dallas

Diginet wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:14 pm
Thanks for a quick response.

Its all setting but I have attached what you requested Thanks
Just those would do, I thought it was maybe your settings file that was corrupted and nothing else would save while using that settings profile

Did you try logging in with the default profiles?

I've just tried those you sent and it's letting me make changes and re-save both

When you change your settings ie, select another option from the Global settings area then try and re-save them as shown in the image below do you get that same error message you got with the charts or is it different?
Diginet

Its some thing to do with the app folder. No matter what setting I change the error is always the same
Dallas

Diginet wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm
Its some thing to do with the app folder. No matter what setting I change the error is always the same
The AppData area is created on a per user basis by Windows and it should have all the permissions ticked. i.e. Full control, Modify, Read, Write, Execute etc

If they are all ticked and its still not working you could try creating an additional user account on Windows and run Bet Angel from that.
That'd create a new AppData folder for the new user and you can test whether you can save changes with that account without affecting anything to do with your current one.

Return to “Support”