Running BA on small form pc

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
tomek154

Random question here..

My not so high spec pc is coming under serious load when i've got my full days guardian automation running in the background alongside working from home full time now.

I'm probably being a bit thick, but would those mini pc's such as https://tinyurl.com/2ymt5w2k (it's not spam don't worry) be ok spec-wise to just sit with bet angel just running on it's own ? I've got a monitor splitter where i could hopefully just dip in and out thru the day to keep an eye.

I'm pretty sure it's fine but i've never even considered one of these tiny little pc's before so don't know if they're restricted in any functionality that would affect me running BA on it.

Cheers all
Tom
ShaunWhite

Mini PCs are usually Cereron based and underpowered. If upfront funding is tight you could consider a VPS (rented remote computing you access from anywhere). You can get one that's plenty powerful enough from AWS for about a tenner a month, or less if you only use it for a few hours a day. https://aws.amazon.com/free/compute/lig ... 0lightsail

If that's a bit beyond you then the BA VPS offering would be an excellent solution as they'll guide you through the setup and use.
PeterLe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:30 pm
Mini PCs...
Shaun - Lightsail is charged on a monthly basis, so you can leave it running...EC2 is charged on a hour by hour so gets expensive
i just Lightsail these day (Windows and Ubuntu)
Regards
Peter
tomek154

Thanks gents. Will check both those out.
ShaunWhite

PeterLe wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:16 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:30 pm
Mini PCs...
Shaun - Lightsail is charged on a monthly basis, so you can leave it running...EC2 is charged on a hour by hour so gets expensive
i just Lightsail these day (Windows and Ubuntu)
Regards
Peter
I wasn't esp clear..... I use Lightsail too, you can create instances for a short time and it's charged pro rata, but it's not as easy as doing it with EC2 (once you understand it, which I don't :))
PeterLe

EC2 is fairly straight forward Shaun too. I had a couple of EC2 instances, i just cobbled them together :D
ShaunWhite

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:55 pm
EC2 is fairly straight forward Shaun too. I had a couple of EC2 instances, i just cobbled them together :D
It's the acronyms that get me, by the time I've been down 3 levels of links reading Amazonese I've forgotten what I didn't know. Then i remember I'm just having a bet not running a space station and almost everything else becomes more important :).

Return to “Support”