Microsoft Edge Alert - Passwords

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
paspuggie48

Just received an alert saying some of my password data has been compromised.

Maybe Braverman has been using my account??? :D :D :D

Anyway, I'm not sure how pertinent it is because checking them 1-by-1 they seem like old websites I've not used for years and have really old passwords but one of them mentioned is BetAngel.

Not sure if this is an issue though as the password stored in the list (screenshot from Microsoft) is not my current BA password.

I'm not sure if it's a wider issue and involves BA direct as I'm more than confident BA is secure, but thought I'd share just in case.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 151329.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I had an alert recently on a, non sensitive, old password I changed many years ago. But the email and password pair I used once on the forum.

So that’s probably what you are seeing.

Have you reused the password elsewhere? Because that’s what I did so it just flagged up every place I’d ever used it.
paspuggie48

Euler wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:34 pm
I had an alert recently on a, non sensitive old password, I changed many years ago. But the email and password pair I used once on the forum.

So that’s probably what you are seeing.

Have you reused the password elsewhere? Because that’s what I did so it just flagged up every place I’d ever used it.
Hit the nail Peter, ironically your last sentence concurs with it being used elsewhere and hence why I'm seeing a repetition. I'll adjust or delete accordingly.

Many thanks
Paul

Return to “Support”