Automation not firing, using two instances of BA

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
peachflame

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:25 pm
peachflame wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:24 pm
Did you run all three on two instances?
Yes, thats two Guardians side by side above and a rule in each
Ran two instance on last race and both worked ok, volumes were refreshing normally a few minutes before that race, suggests an intermittent issue with vps performance though can't see why, as system performing normally, network/cpus all ok
Dallas

peachflame wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
peachflame wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:24 pm
Did you run all three on two instances?
I ran a single instance, and everything trigged ok, now running two i'm noticing that refreshing seems to be an issue, even though both are set to 300 mil refresh the market volume number seems to update every 3 or 4 seconds or longer.
I'm refreshing at the fastest rate of 20ms and it not making any noticeable difference to the speed whether I have 1 or more instances open, maybe also set yours to that rate also

1.jpg
2.jpg

it may also be the PC itself struggling with multiple instances open at the same time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peachflame

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:14 pm
peachflame wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:56 pm
Dallas wrote:

I ran a single instance, and everything trigged ok, now running two i'm noticing that refreshing seems to be an issue, even though both are set to 300 mil refresh the market volume number seems to update every 3 or 4 seconds or longer.
I'm refreshing at the fastest rate of 20ms and it not making any noticeable difference to the speed whether I have 1 or more instances open, maybe also set yours to that rate also

1.jpg

2.jpg

it may also be the PC itself struggling with multiple instances open at the same time
The problem seems to go away when guardian switches to the market, but I don't have restrict refresh on.
peachflame

None of this explains why rules were failing to trigger at times, markets have been switching in good time, selections are correct...
decomez6

peachflame wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:39 pm
None of this explains why rules were failing to trigger at times, markets have been switching in good time, selections are correct...
Sometimes the ladder profile and how you set up the staking needs to be re adjusted or re-applied .

Are your profiles identical in all your instances ?
Guardian will adopt the profile you choose on the trading or one screen .

If all fail then use the trick explained in this link

https://forum.betangel.com/viewtopic.p ... &t=17945

This will separate all your instances and treat them as individual and distinct fresh installations .
Just like having them installed in two different computers .
peachflame

Thanks all for the assistance, seems to be holding up, touch wood.

Return to “Support”