Guardian - Auto delete suspended markets.

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
jamesedwards

sniffer66 wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:25 pm
Good stuff.

I should have said, I didn't put Guardian in the script name or it would have found itself 😁

Thinking through this further, if you couple this with a key combo that calls Dallas' shortcut setup to load coupons and then apply the bafs to market type automatically, and used Windows scheduler to run it once each morning, you'd have an automated Guardian setup πŸ‘
Yes I figured that too. Might give it a go once this script is bedded in and working for a few days.
jamesedwards

Good stuff.

I should have said, I didn't put Guardian in the script name or it would have found itself 😁

Thinking through this further, if you couple this with a key combo that calls Dallas' shortcut setup to load coupons and then apply the bafs to market type automatically, and used Windows scheduler to run it once each morning, you'd have an automated Guardian setup πŸ‘
Is there a way to stop the guardian windows from minimising? I don't want them to maximise either, just stay where they are. I tried removing the "WinSetState($aList[$i][1], "",@SW_MINIMIZE)" line but they still kept occasionally minimising.
sniffer66

jamesedwards wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:14 pm
Good stuff.

Is there a way to stop the guardian windows from minimising? I don't want them to maximise either, just stay where they are. I tried removing the "WinSetState($aList[$i][1], "",@SW_MINIMIZE)" line but they still kept occasionally minimising.
Removing that line would stop the minimising.

The problem is that for the shortcut key to be active on BA (or your version of 8/9), one of the current BA windows, and then it's Guardian needs to be the active window. So the script brings Guardian to the foreground, it doesnt actually maximise it. I'm guessing you are not seeing a minimise, just the next Guardian window cycling to the front
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:35 pm
Thanks sniffer, I think I may have a use for that as well. :)
No problem Derek. One of the reasons I like Auto-It so much is it's ability to manipulate Windows. I used to be in IT Systems Management, and it was great for cycling through alert/status screens in a NOC
jamesedwards

Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:08 am
jamesedwards wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:14 pm
Good stuff.

Removing that line would stop the minimising.

The problem is that for the shortcut key to be active on BA (or your version of 8/9), one of the current BA windows, and then it's Guardian needs to be the active window. So the script brings Guardian to the foreground, it doesnt actually maximise it. I'm guessing you are not seeing a minimise, just the next Guardian window cycling to the front
It was doing lots of other crazy things too. Eventually I realised I was actually running several iterations of the script at the same time, including ones with random Cs all over the place. :lol: :lol: :lol: After uninstalling and reinstalling (this time knowing what I was doing), it's now working perfectly.

One question remains though, after I've launched the saved script directly by double clicking on the .au3 file, how do I then stop that script from running when I want to?
sniffer66

Glad you got it sorted.

2 ways to manage\stop it. Right click on the Auto-It icon in your windows taskbar and select "Exit". Other way is to use the Scite editor program that launches on the double click. Just do Tools - Stop Executing. In fact I tend to run all my scripts from the editor using Tools - Go

Don' forgte you can use tools -compile to convert the au3 file to an exe and just double click to run it as well
jamesedwards

Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 pm
Glad you got it sorted.

2 ways to manage\stop it. Right click on the Auto-It icon in your windows taskbar and select "Exit". Other way is to use the Scite editor program that launches on the double click. Just do Tools - Stop Executing. In fact I tend to run all my scripts from the editor using Tools - Go

Don' forgte you can use tools -compile to convert the au3 file to an exe and just double click to run it as well
thanks again! :D

Return to β€œSupport”