Gambling stocks

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
megarain

Whenever I need a smile, I just look at these.
PaddyPower stats Dec 1 2021.jpg
DK starts Dec 1 2021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilovepizza82

Where will you go if they fail ?
Betddaq is ok but still far from where betfair is right now me thinks.
jimibt

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:39 am
i think it's fair to say that the exchange, in its current format is in decline (hard to say about gambling outfits per se). i think many of the skills honed in pre-race/ou markets can be transferred over to other disciplines.

i personally starting moving twds trend trading on crypto about 9 months ago and have found that there's plenty of liquidity around for all. of course, it is a learning curve but data is data and one thing that is not on short supply is data for backtesting from most of these platforms. binance in particular offers up all trade and kline data going back to the dawn of time (in crypto world-5 years :D).

worth a sideways glance at worst!!
PDC

The UK gambling review outcome which is due any day though talk is it is now delayed until the start of next year will be of significant note.
ilovepizza82

PDC wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:59 am
The UK gambling review outcome which is due any day though talk is it is now delayed until the start of next year will be of significant note.
Expecting bad news ?
ilovepizza82

jimibt wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:55 am
ilovepizza82 wrote:
i think it's fair to say that the exchange, in its current format is in decline (hard to say about gambling outfits per se). i think many of the skills honed in pre-race/ou markets can be transferred over to other disciplines.

i personally starting moving twds trend trading on crypto about 9 months ago and have found that there's plenty of liquidity around for all. of course, it is a learning curve but data is data and one thing that is not on short supply is data for backtesting from most of these platforms. binance in particular offers up all trade and kline data going back to the dawn of time (in crypto world-5 years :D).

Not sure tbh:
"What UK banks are banning crypto buying?"
https://www.investomania.co.uk/what-uk- ... to-buying/
wearthefoxhat

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:00 pm
PDC wrote:
Expecting bad news ?
Maybe waiting to see when this gets completed.

888.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDC

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:00 pm
PDC wrote:
Expecting bad news ?
It's very hard to know but I don't think it will be a positive from a trading view point on balance. Hopefully it isn't catastrophic to trading with some of the talk being about very low monthly deposit and/or loss limits, some talk has been as low as £100 a month.

People said they would never bring in the talked about £2 limit on the FOBT's and they did, so who knows what will happen.
PDC

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 pm
Maybe waiting to see when this gets completed.

888.png
No, that has nothing to do with it. It is a government process and like all things with governments, they over run their timetable.
jimibt

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:10 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:55 am
ilovepizza82 wrote:

Not sure tbh:
"What UK banks are banning crypto buying?"
https://www.investomania.co.uk/what-uk- ... to-buying/
yes, that is of course of concern. there are fortunately many alternative avenues for liquidating any profits. in fact, i use the crypto.com debit card which means that any profits can be rolled into fiat and used on the card. not perfect and potentially a grey area!
ilovepizza82

Smart ! :)
megarain

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-22521654

CVC valued Betfair at just £988m .. its a fair debate as to what happened.

Softbank bought a 25% share of Betfair in 2006, with a valuation of £1.5b.

Return to “Trading Financial markets”