Looking to start Intraday Trading

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
CallumPerry

Hi!

I'm looking to start trading a few CFD's. I've done plenty of research and have come up with a few ideas that'd I'd like to now back test, problem is I'm naive as to how I can scrape the numbers from the internet. I know Yahoo! as a very basic starting point supply daily OHLCV info but is there anywhere I can get one second data (or quicker) that I can download or stream (and then capture from there) to an excel spreadsheet?

Does anybody also know where is best to actually place my trades with ease and minimum commission? What are the initial drawbacks and general warnings you have for me also stepping into this new world? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Cal :)
Bluesky

CallumPerry wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am
Does anybody also know where is best to actually place my trades with ease and minimum commission? What are the initial drawbacks and general warnings you have for me also stepping into this new world? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Someone might be able to answer your questions, but most of the people on these forums are sports traders, there are not that many financial traders. Your best bet would probably be to ask these questions on one or more of the many financial trading forums there are available on line.
RicHep365

CallumPerry wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am
Hi!

I'm looking to start trading a few CFD's. I've done plenty of research and have come up with a few ideas that'd I'd like to now back test, problem is I'm naive as to how I can scrape the numbers from the internet. I know Yahoo! as a very basic starting point supply daily OHLCV info but is there anywhere I can get one second data (or quicker) that I can download or stream (and then capture from there) to an excel spreadsheet?

Cheers,
What exactly are you looking to trade, are we talking stocks? are you looking to trade manually or algorithmically? Which country are you in?
CallumPerry

Yes I'm unsure of the difference in 'things' (for a better choice of word) that you can trade but my mother works for Santander and I saw you can trade Spanish and English Santander CFD's on one of these trading apps so I was hoping to find a way of extracting live market data for this - as well as a few other companies to develop a diverse portfolio and trade algorithmically. I love the idea of playing around with calculations and learning how these different markets work and trying to find my own way of trading. I live in the UK (Wolverhampton to be specific). We have a race course near by that a lot of the horse traders are probably very familiar with.

Foremost I need to know where I can deposit money, place trades (and stop losses) and attach a spreadsheet. + like I said in my last message, I'd like to hear people's pitfalls and early mistakes so I can try to avoid them.

Return to “Trading Financial markets”