BITCOIN as an alternative to regular currency

Euler

I've not kept up with Dogecoin, but wasn't it launched as a joke?
Kai

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:54 am
I've not kept up with Dogecoin, but wasn't it launched as a joke?
I believe this is exactly why it can (and has been) so popular. Don't see why it can't be both real and a joke.

Memes in a nutshell are just inside jokes between millions of people, between the internet. Hype and momentum can play a big role, stranger things have happened.
Euler

But wasn't the intention was to create something that was worthless and had an unlimited capacity to issue new currency, so thereby rendering it effectively worthless?
Euler

This is the thing I'm not getting with NFT's.

You own something that gives you the right to ownership of something that can't yield anything. But it's completely freely available for others to view and share, so you don't really own it.

Art is like an NFT it's only worth it for its collectable value. But like art it's subjective and 99.9999% of it will never be worth anything.
Kai

I'm not fully sold on the idea either, but don't have much of an opinion.
Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:05 am
But wasn't the intention was to create something that was worthless and had an unlimited capacity to issue new currency, so thereby rendering it effectively worthless?
Not been following closely but I think so, Elon Musk was joking around those lines about Dogecoin being "the people's crypto currency" etc, and by doing that he created a bit of a trend and gave it more value.

Apparently the guy who made Dogecoin has bailed years ago and has made zero money from it, regular working class guy that probably didn't like what it had become.
alexmr2

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:11 am
This is the thing I'm not getting with NFT's.

You own something that gives you the right to ownership of something that can't yield anything. But it's completely freely available for others to view and share, so you don't really own it.

Art is like an NFT it's only worth it for its collectable value. But like art it's subjective and 99.9999% of it will never be worth anything.
Rather than the NFT's themselves I would be interested in investing if there was some sort of platform which makes commission from selling them.

I can see more celebrities/influencers releasing their own ones when they see the opportunity to effectively make money out of thin air just because of their following.

These days people would pay £1k for a bag of gravel if it was endorsed by their favourite Youtuber :roll:

https://www.tubefilter.com/2021/02/22/l ... box-break/
Kai

I generally just like to keep an open mind, since value can be very relative in today's world :)

We all found some value in a niche market like sports trading, don't see why others should be denied similar opportunities. The more the merrier, that's the beauty of the digital world, sometimes all you need is a laptop.

alexmr2

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:56 am
I generally just like to keep an open mind, since value can be very relative in today's world :)

We all found some value in a niche market like sports trading, don't see why others should be denied similar opportunities. The more the merrier, that's the beauty of the digital world, sometimes all you need is a laptop.

Some routes seem easier than others :lol:
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:59 am
Some routes seem easier than others :lol:
Maybe, but it's not her fault she has something you want :)

That already sounds like a market, doesn't it, with needs and wants :) Elementary my dear Alex.
Euler

I think even Miss Delphine will find her assets are subject to depreciation over time.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:32 pm
I think even Miss Delphine will find her assets are subject to depreciation over time.
boom or bust!
Kai

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:32 pm
:D

Every trend must bend at the end :)

The journalist must have enjoyed doing the research for the article. Like I'm sure Derek will later :)
Euler

It looks like a scam but will have to investigate further to make sure.
Kai

That's exactly what Derek would say :lol:

I'm sure Alex has already finished his research in the meantime, he's proactive like that :D
Tuco

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:56 am

I'm rather annoyed I missed this investment opportunity - could have repackaged it into ever smaller tubs and made an absolute killing :(

Does she still bathe or now only shower?

Return to “Cryptocurrency”