Daniel Kahneman - Thinking fast and slow documentary

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
jamesg46

Group chats are interesting, a friend of mine was telling me how his Wife was in a group chat with some of the other mums at his son's school, he told me that she spends a great deal of her time in the evenings chatting to other mums in this chat (being nice,) but at the same time she has spawned side chats with just a few of them members out of the original chat, the side chats have been created to talk about the other members (mostly negative) it sort of suggests to me that the original chat is the foundation & was only ever a tool to sew the drama cycle for the side chats. Alpha Mums :lol:
Euler

New book out. I've pre-ordered mine already: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noise-Daniel-K ... 008308993/
jamesg46

:D
invisiblelayer

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:45 pm
New book out. I've pre-ordered mine already: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noise-Daniel-K ... 008308993/
Thanks I've just done the same :D

Really like his work and Taleb. I do think Taleb has given a simpleton like me a big change up in the ways I viewed many things.

https://youtu.be/MMBclvY_EMA
Euler

Out now!
jamesg46

I'm only at the introduction & I'm anticipating this is going to be great.
JuiceyJones

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:41 pm
Finished it this morning. Great book. Again. Some terrifying stuff in there about the legal system etc. If I didn't trust myself before I certainly do less now.
JuiceyJones

Older interview with Kahneman with some personal notes (if anyone is interested). I thought his comments on Amos were touching.

https://fs.blog/knowledge-project/daniel-kahneman/
jamesg46

JuiceyJones wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:42 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Finished it this morning. Great book. Again. Some terrifying stuff in there about the legal system etc. If I didn't trust myself before I certainly do less now.
I'm on my fifth pass of Chapter 6 :lol:

I've not yet bought a copy, I've only got it on Audible but I've not found an appropriate time or place where I can listen and absorb what's being said.

I've had it on a few times while trading, I'll be listening but my attention becomes split or completely diverts to just the ladders and before I know it I've missed a chapter.

Definitely need to get the actual book & give myself an hour a day with no distraction.
JuiceyJones

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:15 pm
JuiceyJones wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I've not yet bought a copy, I've only got it on Audible but I've not found an appropriate time or place where I can listen and absorb what's being said.

I've had it on a few times while trading, I'll be listening but my attention becomes split or completely diverts to just the ladders and before I know it I've missed a chapter.

Definitely need to get the actual book & give myself an hour a day with no distraction.
Impressive that you can listen and absorb a book like that. My margins are fully of notes that I have to go back to numerous times before understanding a concept.
jamesg46

JuiceyJones wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:23 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:15 pm
JuiceyJones wrote:

Impressive that you can listen and absorb a book like that. My margins are fully of notes that I have to go back to numerous times before understanding a concept.
Tbh I don't think I can. I regularly get lost in my own thoughts but what I did with Thinking, Fast & Slow was read the book & listen to it on Audible... reason being is that I find that sometimes I may not understand something because of the way I've read it, whereas I may get the meaning of something based on how it's read.
Andriy

He also did an interview with the Guardian, and they're doing an online discussion at the end of June:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... t-and-slow
Emmson

Being non analytical, the thinking fast is where much of my trading comes from. That incredible book of his taught me to run with it, it's not wrong.

There are lots of animated summaries of the book on YT which i revisit now and then. :D
arbitrage16

Emmson wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:31 pm
Being non analytical
how do you define this please?
Emmson

arbitrage16 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:31 pm
Being non analytical
how do you define this please?