Panic buying

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Derek27

Don't panic buy, but do plan ahead for Christmas is the message from a global shipping boss. That means of course, filling your car up with petrol, buying your turkey, beer and presents now, in fact, panic! :lol:
Derek27

PANIC STATIONS - crisp shortage!!!
ODPaul82

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:31 pm
PANIC STATIONS - crisp shortage!!!
As long as there is plenty of cherry bakewells, pepsi max and crate after crate of wine available I'll survive without crisps
Derek27

Crisp shortage not improving. It's high time the army gets called in to help with distribution.
footysystems

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:52 pm
Crisp shortage not improving. It's high time the army gets called in to help with distribution.
Morrison's In Denton MCR have plenty Derek just been and got some beef monster munch 👍
bennyboy351

footysystems wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:58 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Morrison's In Denton MCR have plenty Derek just been and got some beef monster munch 👍
Experiencing a shortage of Walkers Salt and Vinegar in the 'Grab-Bag' size - what HAS the country come to?...
footysystems

bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:24 pm
footysystems wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Experiencing a shortage of Walkers Salt and Vinegar in the 'Grab-Bag' size - what HAS the country come to?...
Think there was a fire at Walkers?
Derek27

footysystems wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
There are plenty of potato snacks but the issue is mainly with Walkers crisps. I've had to get some potato sticks.
firlandsfarm

BeerShortage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Don't know why I never thought of it but I used to make my own crisps. :D
firlandsfarm

Still do ... much nicer than bought ones.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:43 am
Still do ... much nicer than bought ones.
Much nicer but a lot of work. Do you soak the potato slices in water or run them under the tap in a sieve?
firlandsfarm

I just swill them around in a bowl of cold water (have considered doing same in hot water to see if that replicates par boiling them as they are thin). Then lay them out on half a towel and fold the towel over to dry them before frying.

I stopped doing it for a while as the mandoline I was using either took the tops off my fingers or if I used the thing to hold the spud and prevent that I found it wasted the final chunk of potato and the thickness of cut was not adjustable and a little too thick but then I discovered this ... it really does the job (and other jobs). It's safe and you can adjust the thickness to whatever you want for say crisps or general salads and cutting julienned veggies. :D

I've also discovered "cheese powder" and am thinking of that and onion salt for cheese & onion! :D
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:16 am
I just swill them around in a bowl of cold water (have considered doing same in hot water to see if that replicates par boiling them as they are thin). Then lay them out on half a towel and fold the towel over to dry them before frying.

I stopped doing it for a while as the mandoline I was using either took the tops off my fingers or if I used the thing to hold the spud and prevent that I found it wasted the final chunk of potato and the thickness of cut was not adjustable and a little too thick but then I discovered this ... it really does the job (and other jobs). It's safe and you can adjust the thickness to whatever you want for say crisps or general salads and cutting julienned veggies. :D

I've also discovered "cheese powder" and am thinking of that and onion salt for cheese & onion! :D
Thanks, I might give that a try. I've always used my trusty chef's knife but you end up with the odd thick cut that comes out of the fryer soft.

Return to “Trading Psychology”