Daniel Kahneman - Thinking fast and slow documentary

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Euler

Not sure how that can be! It was an interview and posted by the interviewer!
Euler

smallplayer

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 pm
Here you go: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwwBG-MbniY
thx peter..i deleted my post when i checked back on original date thread started
ps i bought the book also on your advice..real heavy going, thin pages, lots of them and no pictures like chimp paradox :D
jamesg46

smallplayer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:53 pm
Euler wrote:

thx peter..i deleted my post when i checked back on original date thread started
ps i bought the book also on your advice..real heavy going, thin pages, lots of them and no pictures like chimp paradox :D
Every time I listen or read anything from Daniel it seems to send me off on a trail of thought & I never really know how it all began by time the trail ends. I'm on my 3rd round of the book, this time one segment at a time... I think it will take years to fully understand some of Daniel's work, the rest may just be well over my head, but it's worth while to take the time 😁
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 am
smallplayer wrote:
Euler wrote:

Every time I listen or read anything from Daniel it seems to send me off on a trail of thought & I never really know how it all began by time the trail ends. I'm on my 3rd round of the book, this time one segment at a time... I think it will take years to fully understand some of Daniel's work, the rest may just be well over my head, but it's worth while to take the time 😁
Not worried that all this reading will spoil all the fun? :D

Maybe there's a bit of a case for discovering things for yourself at first and forming your own opinions, which you can always then later compare to what the books say if you want or need.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:21 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 am
smallplayer wrote:

Not worried that all this reading will spoil all the fun? :D

Maybe there's a bit of a case for discovering things for yourself at first and forming your own opinions, which you can always then later compare to what the books say if you want or need.
Tbh, never really thought of it like that & I can see where you're coming from but I think even if i wasn't trading I'd read... I find psychology & philosophy interesting, probably because it's been a new found interest running parallel to trading.
Euler

A breakthrough moment for me was reading a lot of this stuff and finally understand why some things happen that shouldn't. It was the final piece of the puzzle for me.

I then figured if I really honestly understood it, then I should start looking for it in the market. Lo and behold I found them everywhere.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm
A breakthrough moment for me was reading a lot of this stuff and finally understand why some things happen that shouldn't. It was the final piece of the puzzle for me.

I then figured if I really honestly understood it, then I should start looking for it in the market. Lo and behold I found them everywhere.
an example being?? ;)
jamesg46

People are obsessed with round numbers ;)
Euler

Social media is a funny place to look, as it's stuffed full of cognitive biases.

You realise that system one is running amok on social media and some companies business models are geared up to keep on prodding it for a response. It's sort of frightening, but equally reassuring, to see.
jamesg46

Group chats are interesting, a friend of mine was telling me how his Wife was in a group chat with some of the other mums at his son's school, he told me that she spends a great deal of her time in the evenings chatting to other mums in this chat (being nice,) but at the same time she has spawned side chats with just a few of them members out of the original chat, the side chats have been created to talk about the other members (mostly negative) it sort of suggests to me that the original chat is the foundation & was only ever a tool to sew the drama cycle for the side chats. Alpha Mums :lol:
Euler

New book out. I've pre-ordered mine already: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noise-Daniel-K ... 008308993/
jamesg46

:D
invisiblelayer

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:45 pm
New book out. I've pre-ordered mine already: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noise-Daniel-K ... 008308993/
Thanks I've just done the same :D

Really like his work and Taleb. I do think Taleb has given a simpleton like me a big change up in the ways I viewed many things.

https://youtu.be/MMBclvY_EMA
Euler

Out now!

Return to “Trading Psychology”