Question about Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone, and Risk

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Emmson

A very boring book Trading In The Zone I found, once I put it down I couldn't pick it back up. Thinking Fast & Slow a far better read.
Morbius

This post may be short but it hits the nail on the head. If you got to the root of what exactly prevents the overwhelming majority of traders from being successful (probably 90%+ with a few per cent thrown in for other reasons) then the reason would be volatility whether the trader realised it or not.

Its the non-linear mechanics of it that literally tears people apart mentally. The greater the volatility the tougher the obstacle but the answer isn't to turn to psychology courses or books or people like Mark Douglas....the answer is to learn how to trade volatility not how to handle it psychologically.

You try getting a job at Goldman Sachs or a large Hedge Fund with nothing on your CV except a few Mark Douglas/Van Tharp lessons/books and hear the words "Thanks....we will let you know" :)
Morbius

Emmson wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 pm
A very boring book Trading In The Zone I found, once I put it down I couldn't pick it back up. Thinking Fast & Slow a far better read.

+1 yeah Kahneman for me, his book was deeper and you can get a free pdf version online

Return to “Trading Psychology”