Business names, Uniforms, or slogans?

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:55 pm
johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:30 am
The bald look amongst successful horse traders would go well.
:D We're not all folically challenged.

He did say successful , Shaun :shock:
johnsheppard

haha...well what's this then?
ShaunsHead.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnsheppard

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:57 pm
Nope, not if you're doing the play part properly.
Well I don't know, perhaps I am not doing the play part properly....or maybe I am not doing the work part properly...one or the other...

What is it you consider play?

There is a spectrum involved. One end is pure serious dedication to a goal (work), the other being abandonment from any goal. (play).

Both ends are useful in the context of 'work' if work is just another word for applied effort..

For mine, even thinking about these things I would consider play...its enjoyable to fulfil curiosity. You can only fulfil curiosity once before you have to move onto something new....whereas, if I was working, I'd be doing the same boring ass shit I did yesterday...and the day before...

Edit: ...hmmm and now I sort of see why 'work hard, play harder' is a good slogan in the context of sports trading. Not so sure it'd be good if you were an accountant tho.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:15 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:55 pm
johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:30 am
The bald look amongst successful horse traders would go well.
:D We're not all folically challenged.
He did say successful , Shaun :shock:
:lol: I almost put that observation in the comment myself when I re-read it.

It's now a race against time to prove that statement wrong...or maybe it's inevitable and all that heat you generate in your head when you think hard melts your hair.
Kai

johnsheppard wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:32 am
Edit: ...hmmm and now I sort of see why 'work hard, play harder' is a good slogan in the context of sports trading. Not so sure it'd be good if you were an accountant tho.
I just randomly share my thoughts and philosophies, some of it can be a bit tongue-in-cheek so it's easy to misunderstand, I mostly just adapt on the fly whatever seems to work for me, some of it may be complete garbage too, idk, I guess time will tell :mrgreen:

The above is just my own version of the classic "work hard, play hard" mentality, the play harder part is because I usually play (much) harder than I work so it's a bit out of balance, maybe that changes in the future but that's why I said it like that. Trading can be great fun at times too but the important part for me is to have a job and lifestyle from which I don't really need a vacation from. So I try to keep the grind at a minimum or avoid it completely if I can, I rather take a day off and do something fun if it's looking too grindy, don't really see much point in being glued to the markets all day long, if you want to extract more money from the markets I think you should just scale up properly instead.

But there is some science behind the slogan, play means leisure, so it can be anything that you enjoy doing : https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/ ... play-hard/
johnsheppard

Kai wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 am
I try to keep the grind at a minimum or avoid it completely if I can, I rather take a day off and do something fun if it's looking too grindy, don't really see much point in being glued to the markets all day long, if you want to extract more money from the markets I think you should just scale up properly instead.

But there is some science behind the slogan, play means leisure, so it can be anything that you enjoy doing : https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/ ... play-hard/
Makes sense!

I'm focusing on pre-off horses botted trading... maybe a slightly different kettle of fish to soccer, tennis, or what not in terms of work behaviour (not sure scaling is as easy, or there is a bigger upfront cost)... I still have a ways to go... its quiet likely I am doing it wrong tho haha... it always helps to make every mistake in the book... currently I go off to a day job to stop me derping it up 24/7...
ruthlessimon

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:08 am
Sweatpants and hoodies should be the official attire for sports traders :D
Too formal

But cashmere obviously :lol:

Kai

ruthlessimon wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:08 am
Sweatpants and hoodies should be the official attire for sports traders :D