The Cognitive Bias Codex

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Euler

I've been writing an article today about cognitive biases and was searching for references when I came across this: -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... dex_en.svg

It's an excellent summary of various biases and groups them neatly for you to explore. It also gives you are a general group that is useful.

Explore it and click on the bias to reach the wiki entry for each one.
ShaunWhite

Makes you wonder how our species functions. But of course many of those are contractictory and therefore act as checks and balances rather than being distinct flaws.
jamesg46

Very, very impressive! Looking forward to the article too.
Kai

Thanks for sharing that, I was looking for something new to do this evening. Might need more than one by the looks of it, good stuff.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:19 pm
I've been writing an article today about cognitive biases and was searching for references when I came across this: -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... dex_en.svg

It's an excellent summary of various biases and groups them neatly for you to explore. It also gives you are a general group that is useful.

Explore it and click on the bias to reach the wiki entry for each one.

Imagine if you were able to put a codex wheel together for all the elements of trading...(before lockdown gets eased of course)...
Euler

I did something like that about ten years ago, starting with a base assumption and then branching from there. It's a forever unfinished work.

Return to “Trading Psychology”