Trading for dummies

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.

Rate this post

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
6%
44%

Total votes: 16
beermonsterman

Black Ladder wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:44 am
Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:26 am
Black Ladder wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:21 am

Theirs an abundance of great ideas here and newcomers are influencers to.
Totally.
Just stay in the game, ignore the netmums and trainspotters.
:lol: :lol:
gazuty

Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:36 am
Are you good at chess?
I learned at around age 10 and played for a few years in the school chess club and had a few chess books. I moved school when I was 13 and that was the end of chess (which means without the structure and encouragement at school I wasn’t an enthusiast). I’ve played rarely since then (if we go on holidays and the house has a board maybe I will play a game with my kids). Really enjoyed watching the Queens Gambit.
beermonsterman

Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:10 am
beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 am
Trader724 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Everyone knows what I mean, but I won't bother to argue with everyone. Whoever is intelligent enough will understand what is to be understood.
Sorry trader I only just noticed your reply I was just implying to my own post last week when I launched an attack on why this forum feels cold to newbies I ended up imploding shaking in the corner with my tin foil hat on lol although now I am starting to see what this forum is actually about and do see its value
reminds me of the saying if you know you know
and admittedly I'm usually politically incorrect so just my 2 pence as usual
That post gave me a great idea. 😁
LOL anything I do or say would very rarely create a good idea :D
Trader724

gazuty wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:49 am
Trader724 wrote:
Are you good at chess?
I learned at around age 10 and played for a few years in the school chess club and had a few chess books. I moved school when I was 13 and that was the end of chess (which means without the structure and encouragement at school I wasn’t an enthusiast). I’ve played rarely since then (if we go on holidays and the house has a board maybe I will play a game with my kids). Really enjoyed watching the Queens Gambit.
My problem is that no one wants to play chess with me anymore, I noticed that in chess there are the most sore losers.
Trader724

beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 am
Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:10 am
beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 am

Sorry trader I only just noticed your reply I was just implying to my own post last week when I launched an attack on why this forum feels cold to newbies I ended up imploding shaking in the corner with my tin foil hat on lol although now I am starting to see what this forum is actually about and do see its value
reminds me of the saying if you know you know
and admittedly I'm usually politically incorrect so just my 2 pence as usual
That post gave me a great idea. 😁
LOL anything I do or say would very rarely create a good idea :D
Well I said great, not good, didn't I 😁
gazuty

Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:01 pm
My problem is that no one wants to play chess with me anymore, I noticed that in chess there are the most sore losers.
When I’ve been vaccinated, the pandemic peters out and the Australian government allows its citizens to travel again I will visit London and one evening I will put a bar tab down and shout those forum members who attend a few drinks. If you come we can play an exhibition match and the others can laugh at me when you win in less than 10.
Realrocknrolla

Trader724 wrote:
gazuty wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
Are you good at chess?
Download the app chess.com.

You will soon become mortal again.

I considered myself to be a great chess player until I played against some of the worlds best on the app above.
beermonsterman

gazuty wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:08 pm
Trader724 wrote:
When I’ve been vaccinated, the pandemic peters out and the Australian government allows its citizens to travel again I will visit London and one evening I will put a bar tab down and shout those forum members who attend a few drinks. If you come we can play an exhibition match and the others can laugh at me when you win in less than 10.
I cant play chess but I can certainly fetch the beer
Trader724

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:12 pm
Trader724 wrote:
gazuty wrote:

Download the app chess.com.

You will soon become mortal again.

I considered myself to be a great chess player until I played against some of the worlds best on the app above.
In online chess you have no way of knowing that your opponent is playing fair.
Trader724

gazuty wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
Probably some of them hate me, those are more likely to laugh at me for winning while I'm enjoying my drink.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:27 pm
gazuty wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
Probably some of them hate me, those are more likely to laugh at me for winning while I'm enjoying my drink.
I can see you're glass is half empty - people are taking the time to talk to you!

I no longer have the time for hobbies like chess or lengthy computer games - just trading and drinking. But my biggest regret is not learning how to mate with king and queen versus king and rook. It almost drove me mad trying to figure it out but I'm sure I would have learnt it if I persevered.
Realrocknrolla

beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:18 pm
gazuty wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
I’ll be your friend 🍺 😂
beermonsterman

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:45 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
gazuty wrote:

I’ll be your friend 🍺 😂
Sounds like a good plan :D
Trader724

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:27 pm
gazuty wrote:

I can see you're glass is half empty - people are taking the time to talk to you!

I no longer have the time for hobbies like chess or lengthy computer games - just trading and drinking. But my biggest regret is not learning how to mate with king and queen versus king and rook. It almost drove me mad trying to figure it out but I'm sure I would have learnt it if I persevered.
The glass? I drink straight from the Klein bottle.
Last edited by Trader724 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader724

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:45 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
gazuty wrote:

I’ll be your friend 🍺 😂
Alone against all. Exactly the challenge I needed. To go against the odds.. Only if there was such a job.. I'll search for it but I will be trading meanwhile.

Return to “Trading Psychology”