Jared Tendler has a book on trading psychology coming out

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
arbitrage16

Read his stuff on poker and it was very useful for improving my approach to sports trading.

This is more about financials but I expect it to be even more useful:

https://jaredtendler.com/thementalgameoftrading/
Andrevw

arbitrage16 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:36 am
Read his stuff on poker and it was very useful for improving my approach to sports trading.

This is more about financials but I expect it to be even more useful:

https://jaredtendler.com/thementalgameoftrading/

I have ordered this, as I am in dire need of some mental adjustments, especially in the discipline area .... thanks for posting this @arbitrage16
jamesg46

Bought this on Audible after you posted & I'm really enjoying it. Thank you for for posting about it.
Euler

I may be tempted to listen if others are enjoying it.

I must admit to being a bit sceptical about people who offer advice without eating their own dog food. Is Jared a trader? I know very little about him?
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:25 pm
I may be tempted to listen if others are enjoying it.

I must admit to being a bit sceptical about people who offer advice without eating their own dog food. Is Jared a trader? I know very little about him?
I recommend this for people who are already profitable.

His advice is about optimizing performance, nothing to do with trading per se (His first book was The Mental Game of Poker, which is also worthwhile (for traders)
The dog of ry

He has been on a podcast here in Oz called "Business of Betting" a couple of times. I took a stack out of just listening to him chat for 20 minutes. I actually relisten to it often for a mental reset.

Long story short he was a decent college golfer in the US but got the yips putting. So he wanted to look into why, mentally. Started coaching poker players and now covers traders, gamblers etc
mannheimes

I read his book on poker and have applied it in many other areas where success, high performance and improvement are needed. I will definitely buy myself this book too.

Return to “Trading Psychology”