Risk of Ruin

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm
Well the bad news then is you already know more than me and Derek about cricket trading.

But the good news is Emmson might finally get some company in the cricket thread 👍
Remember this? :)

viewtopic.php?p=147254#p147254
Archangel

The best advice I can give in any sort of trading or investing is 'stay small', meaning trade a lot with small amounts rather than risking a lot on one trade. If you have an edge you will only see it over a significant "number of occurances"
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:50 pm
Kai wrote:
Well the bad news then is you already know more than me and Derek about cricket trading.

But the good news is Emmson might finally get some company in the cricket thread 👍

Yes :)

Grammar can be so annoyingly selfless like that, trying to put others before you :evil:

As if that makes any bleeding sense!!!! It's not how the real world works! There, I said it, grammar is just plain WRONG there and everyone knows it!
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Kai wrote:

Grammar can be so annoyingly selfless like that, trying to put others before you :evil:

As if that makes any bleeding sense!!!! It's not how the real world works! There, I said it, grammar is just plain WRONG here.
I try to get my written grammar correct, but when I'm talking it's me and him. Nobody says him and I unless you're drinking tea at a posh dinner party. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:47 pm
Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

As if that makes any bleeding sense!!!! It's not how the real world works! There, I said it, grammar is just plain WRONG here.
I try to get my written grammar correct, but when I'm talking it's me and him. Nobody says him and I unless you're drinking tea at a posh dinner party. :)
Exactly :)

But just between me and you, if the grammar police knew how I usually text I'd be arrested by the Gestapo within minutes and locked away in a stuffy old library!

Although best not to derail this cricket thread any further, you remember what happened the last time we touched on this topic!
andy28

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:25 pm
andy28 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 am

Yeah I didn't explain it too well, it isn't a trading bot, it is a value bet at SP (on Greys) and with smallish stakes ($5).

The bets were getting matched as I wanted (when I went live) but I got too many losing bets and not enough winning bets. You maybe right tho as having a losing month isn't a good sign. But I am also wondering as it is a betting strategy it may have much larger drawdowns than a trading strat. My M Carlo sim I ran may not have given me an accurate drawdown as it lay betting at varying odds and liabilities, and that confused the hell out of me, so I just took the average of all bets. But I feel I am in no mans land and will probably just paper trade this month and then let it go from Nov to the end of the year come hell or high water.
Don't forget when you trade at SP you become part of the market and your bet will affect the final SP.
I did think about the affect on the SP with larger stakes, but rightly or wrongly I thought $5 wouldn't make a noticeable difference.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:16 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:47 pm
Kai wrote:

Exactly :)

But just between me and you, if the grammar police knew how I usually text I'd be arrested by the Gestapo within minutes and locked away in a stuffy old library!

Although best not to derail this cricket thread any further, you remember what happened the last time we touched on this topic!
:lol: I wish I had an English teacher like him. I don't remember my teachers explaining the me/I order the modern way. Or maybe they did and I wasn't paying attention. :)

Return to “Trading Psychology”