Checking a maximum exposure

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Larkin22

Hi,

Having issues figuring this out.

I have a bot that can fire numerous times, including offsetting and greening.

Let's say I never want it to fire if the exposure is over £100. How can I stop it?

I've been using a green all condition not being over -£100 but that doesn't stop the exposure and is at risk from extreme market changes.

Is there any condition that can read the current exposure on the market before placing the bet?

Thanks in advance, CS
Dallas

If you add a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule to trigger unlimited times after every refresh and apply it to a runner you are not trading ie the outsider
and on the Stored Value tab store the value of 'the profit and loss of the selection'

Then add a 'Stored Value' condition to your rule and set that to the value you want
ie, the stored value named (whatever you just called it)
is less than -£100

That will do it
Larkin22

Fantastic. Thanks Dallas.

Just renewed for another month have been thoroughly impressed with the product and the level of support in the forums.
Anbell

Larkin22 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:47 pm
Hi,

Having issues figuring this out.

I have a bot that can fire numerous times, including offsetting and greening.

Let's say I never want it to fire if the exposure is over £100. How can I stop it?

I've been using a green all condition not being over -£100 but that doesn't stop the exposure and is at risk from extreme market changes.

Is there any condition that can read the current exposure on the market before placing the bet?

Thanks in advance, CS
Another simple trick for this, is to have more bets with a lower stake.

In other words, you don't want to be having £50 bets so that your position gets to -£90 and you have another £50 bet to get to a -£140 position. If you reduce the betsize then you can better minimize the risk of going much over -£100.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”