Back the favourite at @1.05

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
paciola1968

Hi all
I know it's a losing strategy but it's just to learn a few commands to create some bots. I wanted to know how to set up a bot like this:
- back in-play the favorite when the odds are at 1.05 only if
- the odds of the second favorite is more than 10

It's possible to do it?
How?
Thank you.

Davide
Dallas

Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414

You then just need another 'Fixed Odds' condition adding to test the
2nd fav is greater than 10
Crazyskier

Part of the reason it's a losing strategy is that you often:

a) get matched at 1.01 or not at all as the IP likely winner available money is very very quickly taken; or

b) you ask for a fixed price of 1.05 (when the lay odds move below that price) and stay unmatched in the market until the likely winner that you're trying to back, becomes LESS likely to win, and therefore quite often goes on to lose.

I've pretty big sample sizes of the IP market at many odds ranges and with a variety of trigger points using both the back and lay price points for entry. I've looked a race length, conditions, number of selections, etc etc. It's really tought to get any long-term consistency in this end of the IP market. if anything, I've had more joy betting all selections at double / treble / quadruple the number of selections - ie if it's a 7 runner race back all at 14s and keep IP. Certain races and SP price conditions get matched on all selections above 50% of the time at double.

Hope this makes sense.

CS
greenup

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 pm

I've pretty big sample sizes of the IP market at many odds ranges and with a variety of trigger points using both the back and lay price points for entry. I've looked a race length, conditions, number of selections, etc etc. It's really tought to get any long-term consistency in this end of the IP market. if anything, I've had more joy betting all selections at double / treble / quadruple the number of selections - ie if it's a 7 runner race back all at 14s and keep IP. Certain races and SP price conditions get matched on all selections above 50% of the time at double.

Hope this makes sense.

CS
Quite often you get horses trading in the 100s , and coming back in to 10s etc , not actually winning , If you could get £1 matched at 800s and layed back around 20s with
equal greening .
Wonder if Dallas or anyone could point me in the right direction for such a trigger .
:)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”