Close trade and green/offset

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
andyb2929

Hi all!

First post on here. I've been lurking in the background and the knowledge on this forum is brilliant.

I'm testing a simple lay to back automation strategy. I want to be able to have my closing back bet placed straight after my lay bet - but have it set to win a specific amount of money. I know I can offset my bet but I can't find a way to set it to profit a specific amount of money, instead of specifying ticks.

For example if I want to win £2 per bet - id place a lay bet and then it would automatically place a back bet at the correct odds and stake to win roughly 2 pounds. I know you can do it on the one click close trade on the ladder interface but I'm trying to automate the process if possible.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Dallas

Welcome to the forum (as a poster)

You'll need to use a simple rules file either running in Guardian in the background
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Or if you are keeping the market on your trading screen, but still want the bet placed for you then you can use a safety servant, there is a ready-made example here which you could use as a starting point
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15197

For more details on using safety servants see this page of the user guide
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/saf ... vants.html
andyb2929

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the mega quick response.

Just having a look now through the green up selections rule. Am I right that this would only trigger once the profit is available to be locked in?

I was wondering if there is any way to have the offset bet placed into the market straight away? Just to get the profit matched quicker once it reaches the price. (Of course if it didn't get matched I would just not be able to green up)

I suppose I basically want to offset my lay bet immediately to win a set targeted profit instead of amount of ticks. If this is possible.

Cheers
Andy
Dallas

andyb2929 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:07 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the mega quick response.

Just having a look now through the green up selections rule. Am I right that this would only trigger once the profit is available to be locked in?

I was wondering if there is any way to have the offset bet placed into the market straight away? Just to get the profit matched quicker once it reaches the price. (Of course if it didn't get matched I would just not be able to green up)

I suppose I basically want to offset my lay bet immediately to win a set targeted profit instead of amount of ticks. If this is possible.

Cheers
Andy
It is possible but will require quite a bit of setting up using several stored values, and if the number of ticks it needs to move is outside the best three prices then it gets a little more trickier
Basically you'd need to store the value at every price (up to and several ticks past where your profit target is likely to be), and then have the bet trigger at the price where your profit is greater than your set amount.
But you'll then need other conditions to prevent green up orders being placed at several prices which have a green up profit greater than you set amount.

I'll make a note of it and see if I can put together a template for the shared files section which can be easy to edit and used by others etc.
It probs won't be until after Wimbledon now but nudge this thread in a few weeks if you still need it looking at
Gravesen33

Hi All,
I am new around here & have a question... if some1 can help or point a direction.
Basically I am stuck to create a rule which can Hedge Up a horse race in-play.
So, let say I lay 3 or 4 horses before the race is off with price between 5.50 and 14.50
I have L2B bet automation which will hunt for 15 ticks deferens on the market after the race is in-play,
what I want to do is to put a Hedge Up rule which will trigger at the moment "if the green all profit reaches £10 "
How can I do that?
Thanks in advance...
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:44 pm
Hi All,
I am new around here & have a question... if some1 can help or point a direction.
Basically I am stuck to create a rule which can Hedge Up a horse race in-play.
So, let say I lay 3 or 4 horses before the race is off with price between 5.50 and 14.50
I have L2B bet automation which will hunt for 15 ticks deferens on the market after the race is in-play,
what I want to do is to put a Hedge Up rule which will trigger at the moment "if the green all profit reaches £10 "
How can I do that?
Thanks in advance...
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
Gravesen33

Thank you so much Dallas,
working perfectly - one more question.
How it is possible to get £25 green up profit as the rule was set to Hedge Up @ £10 ???

Thanks again
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:24 pm
Thank you so much Dallas,
working perfectly - one more question.
How it is possible to get £25 green up profit as the rule was set to Hedge Up @ £10 ???

Thanks again
Open the rules editor and on the conditions tab just set the profit value to £25

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”